RaspyFi/Volumio - Turn raspberry Pi into Audiophile audio Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RPi I2S on P5

Here the pinout for RPi P5:

1 : 5V
2 : 3.3V
3 : BCK
4 : LRCK
5 : DIN
6 : DOUT
7 : GND
8 : GND

1 is the pin with the rectangle pad.

Hi Mikelangeloz
Thx for your work with volumio...I searched around and cannot get a clear picture on the i2s pin out on the rasp pi...which pin is BCK,FS ,Data, etc
could you point me to a easy source that shows it
Thx
lance

I'm looking for guidance please.

I've just built a DDDAC and will fit a streamer into the same case to give me an Ethernet to USB to analogue out. So 1 box; Ethernet in, analogue out. I need to decide on the streamer part. I'm currently using a Squeezebox Touch with good results but I'm looking to get at least as good SQ preferably better SQ.
It's 30 years since I was into CLI, and even then only wrote batch files in DOS and I don't think I'm able nor do I want to enter the realms of Geekdom to learn a Linux language, so I need a simple entry into streaming.
do I

1 accept that it'll be too hard to use RPi and stick with SBT, strip it down and use the board in my one box solution.

2 With the help of people here, get a platform and programme it to use something? Volumio? But then the question is which platform, RPi, BBB or something else? Then what to use to control it, MPD, MPUP or something else? I know that MPD is a server but that really is the limit of my knowledge.

SQ is paramount, but of course I need to be able to programme it to get it working or SQ will be no sound!!

thanks for any help

Kevin,
as for SQ I cannot compare Volumio to SB... Being totally honest. As for ease of use, this is my second concern while developing Volumio, after SQ.
I will be more than happy to help and guide you through the process. I think is more fun than hassle, but this is my point.
I would choose the platform that best suit your needs.
Want something already boxed? Go with Cubox or the new Compulab utilite. Want a very powerful and flexible platform, go with Udoo.
Tell us how you imagine your liquid source, how you're gonna use it. Let's see what could be really the one that fits your needs.
Could be useful for someone else maybe.

Thanks Mikel
I'm tempted for the BBB, because it will easily fit into the case I'm intending to use, and I think the extra performance it has over the RPi may be useful. Not really keen on Cubox because of fitting it into the case, Udoo is probably too new for my liking.

I intend to control the streamer from an iphone and a Samsung Galaxy tablet, and here the interface must be stable, my wife is only just able to use her tablet.

It would be nice to extend the operation of the interface to control my 4 devices, 2 SBT, and a Upnp plus whatever I build the new system in. if I have to go to all one system then so be it, that's not a problem.

Biggest issue for me will be getting the thing working, as I said programming to me is a black art.

As far as I know Volumio users are getting their system up without hassles... I worked a lot on this. I tried to make it ready to use and easy to live with.
Mind that with BBB you need at least a Powered USB Hub, if you will to attach your library via HDD or if you need wireless support.
BBB has just one USB port, which I'll use for DAC...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.