Live Lab Hangout #1.1 Posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THF-51S and 51T

dady suggested to check these out so I picked a pair of each from a shop to see how they look.

According to the specification they have double the gain of 2SK182ES (so my speculation in post #311 was wrong, those really were 182ES and not THF-51T), and my tracer board is running out of gas to give meaningful results.

The curves are spaced 1V apart, they seem to be holding on to the drain resistance (straight) but my untrained eyes can't tell if they're good or bad transistors.

@Michael, if you could comment on these curves, thanks :)

Attachments

• THF-51S_T.jpg
    THF-51S_T.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 330
  • THF-51S.png
    THF-51S.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 327
  • THF-51T.png
    THF-51T.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 320
My calibrated eyeball says the one on the right looks nice, and the one on the left might just be starting to flop. Of course, it only needs to behave where you'll use it and they certainly have the gain. :)

Since this is a higher frequency part, do we know anything about its input capacitance?

5000pF according to the spec.

Attachments

• Tokin SIT catalog.JPG
    Tokin SIT catalog.JPG
    399.9 KB · Views: 323
@Christoph, yes this is the report from Tokin but the important is the envelope of the curve and the parallelism between them. CWTIM01 uses the curve tracer with probably insufficient voltage and current for give a more vivid scenario. jama, my Spaniard friend obtain good sound (without curves) or the sweet point" with two lamps of 150volts (500watt) 22,5 ohms in the drain, 65volts of power supply and the tension directly between S-D in 19.5volts. He used an AER 1 of 16ohm of load charge, the second harmonic was very low respect to the fundamental and the square wave was amazing in 50KHz but better when he low the charge until 8 ohms (in a phantom resistance charge)

I do not know, soundhappy, for me sound better thf, but it is possible 182 mine are not good. I have only two units of 182 and when I tried with thf all change. Also It is possible I do not find optimum point of operation for 182. I have use only a scope and ears...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.