Live Lab Hangout #1.1 Posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You're all very kind.

And, I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm complaining about the forums or management. I just think it's probably better to support my stuff someplace where I have a little more control over the content in order to maintain the signal to noise ratio.

That, and I seem to attract the cranky ones when I hang out too much here :)

You know where to find me :)

Dear Friend Michael, the cranky one people is every where. Please don't became one of them, if you go they became happy and not Soundhappy like me or Aleksandar or somebody else that enjoy your sharing in this amazing place in this amazing part of the existence of our human specie that became weird and unsatisfied. We belong to this little world where amazing minds combine its synapses exponentially and produce something like musical instruments but playing and smiling and burning our fingers.

Sorry, this is not a good moment to tell it, but I think that it is important. Today I have hear it with AER MK1 in open baffle (I know low response is poor, but I am waiting Dipole 15 woofer). Quite simply: spectacular. With 102db, I need put my ear near speaker to listen hum. Great instruments separation and all sound real.
Best regards all.

Attachments

• IMG-20150325-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20150325-WA0015.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 305
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yesterday, I was trying to find some good 180's for a certain friend, so I took a shot and purchased a few on Amazon (utsource is the seller).

After paying, they emailed and asked me to send them another $160 on top of what I had already paid in order to receive the parts.

I've purchased (other) good parts from them, but they've never done that.

I cancelled the order, on principle if nothing else. It just felt weird.

:)

Last edited:
What are these?

For the sake of fun I got these 2 "refurbished" 2SK182ES from an online store in China, at a cheap price.

Having seen original Tokins before (despite defective), they look so different that I'm entirely convinced that they're fakes. Anyway, I put them on the tracer and got the attached - funny thing is that their curves look better than I thought (they're spaced 1V apart).

I'll probably try to use Michael's method in the L'Amp document to get the curves at higher volts, or crack them open to see what's inside :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Fakes.jpg
    Fakes.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 2SK182ES-fake-1.png
    2SK182ES-fake-1.png
    114 KB · Views: 167
  • 2SK182ES-fake-2.png
    2SK182ES-fake-2.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 118
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.