F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Work in progress

The first channel is complete :D
The connection of the +V, -V and Output will be on the remaining holes of the O/P PCB but I have a doubt about the ground connection to avoid the ground loop issue.
I attach also the TH's picture. Seems that the only place to glue it is in that position but I remember that the best is directly to drain pin of the FET.
Any suggestion is most welcome :)

Attachments

• 20130707_141155.jpg
    20130707_141155.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 355
  • 20130707_141932.jpg
    20130707_141932.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 360
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thermistor on Fet screw is perfect. Ideally, you would like all ground to route through main board and go to PSU. This becomes your star ground point, with only single wire going to the PSU. Looks very clean so far.

Hi Buzz... As you see in the picture now I have the ground from the FE to the 2 output board plus the shield of the signal cable. If I well understand I will route 1 cable for the ground from one of the holes free on anyone of the output board to the PSU. The ground of the 2 PSU (+V and -V) will be shorted and this will be the star ground.

What is the correct size for R3, R4? Im currently using 0.25W. Is there any reason why the store board is designed for 1W?

Yes, there is. We discussed this back when Toecutter was designing the boards.
This is a Turbo amp and we expect to use turbo power.
You need to consider the AC power dissipated in the feedback circuit.
R7,8,9 and 10 are rated at 3 watts each for a reason. They will see all the voltage across the speakers, feeding some of this back to R3 and R4. So R3 and 4 should be rated at least at 1/12 of the wattage of the feed back resistors = .5 watt plus the current generated from their idss, which isn't much.
For a V3 amp, you may want to look at uping all these resistors wattage, depending on expected voltage output design.

Hope this helps,

Rush

Yes, there is. We discussed this back when Toecutter was designing the boards.
This is a Turbo amp and we expect to use turbo power.
You need to consider the AC power dissipated in the feedback circuit.
R7,8,9 and 10 are rated at 3 watts each for a reason. They will see all the voltage across the speakers, feeding some of this back to R3 and R4. So R3 and 4 should be rated at least at 1/12 of the wattage of the feed back resistors = .5 watt plus the current generated from their idss, which isn't much.
For a V3 amp, you may want to look at uping all these resistors wattage, depending on expected voltage output design.

Hope this helps,

Rush

Hi Rush,

Very clear indeed....Really appreciate your detailed explanation....

Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.