F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi BigE,

So what do you do for multiple P and multiple N channel? Do you just wire in parallel?
:)
Looks like that will work,In nelson's manual he says you will need more PS and possibly to piggie back the small fets for more gain to drive them,reread the article,he outlines it well enough ,IIRC he also tells how he biases them to.
Try this link http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_f5_turbo.pdf
regards,
NS

Board for F5T V3 balanced

hi, i want to create my own pcb board for a balanced f5 turbo v3, and i'm struggling with one thing. there will be a single gainstage board, two p-channel boards and 2 n-channel boards. now my question: do i need a GND on the n-channel/p-channel boards? is it bad to have no caps on the n/p-channel boards? i'm very grateful for your answers :) here a picture of the schematics (i know, the p-channel MOSFETS are n-channel MOSFETS, but i'm to lazy to create a new library) f5tbalanced8jwx3y9obz.png auf fotos-hochladen.net

...... how about this ? :)

Attachments

• pcb f5 v3.jpg
    pcb f5 v3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 578
thats a nice layout
and balanced output is possible with two boards.

but i don't like two things.
there is not enough space between the mosfets. if the bias is about 0.8 A/output device, and the railvoltage is about 32 volts, it would be about 200 watt dissipation. For this, i need a bigger distance between the mosfets for large heatsinks.
if two boards are assambled there is no thermal coupling from the "left" channel jfets/cascode to the "right" channel jfets/cascode.

for now i'm finishing the layout for the gainstage board, and post it tomorrow.
maybe someone has a little hint for the n-channel and p-channel boards. i really don't get it, is a cap (about 10 µF) or a gnd on the n-channel and p-channel board a must-have?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.