Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Scott -- That looks great! I love the illumination and must ask where - did you get the faceplate?

6L6:

The chassis is a HiFi2000 Galaxy Magiorato, which the diyaudio store is now selling. I designed the front and rear panels and had Front Panel Express do all the hard work. The amp is LM3886-based and was sourced from chipamp.com, and was a project my younger daughter Jamie (now almost 18) and I worked on together 3 or 4 years ago. "JADE" is an acronym for "Jamie and Dad Experiment".

Incidentally, I just realized I posted photos of a non-Pass design on the Pass forum. Absolutely no insult was intended.

Regards,
Scott

F5 Build

The heatsinks came from an old power plant, at 5 pounds each they are way oversized. The power transformer weighs in at seven pounds and was purchased on the surplus market years ago. I have included a capacitance multiplier circuit for the supply rails as I needed to drop about 5 volts to bring the supply voltage to 24 volts. A speaker protection circuit was included. I have built four of these monoblocks and am using the in a triamped system. I all the thirty years of building stereo equipment I must say this is by far the best sounding system I have yet to build. Thanks Nelson for all you contribute.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 2,152
The T03 covers came off an old amp. I do not know of a source. The chassis started as a single triode amplifier. Needless to say it did not work out. I prototyped the F5 on a whim and was impressed with the sound. The chassis was a natural for a F5 build. The capacitance multiplier removes all the ripple ( at least what I see on my scope ) even under load.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
SjoerdSmits:

If you drill a few 3mm holes in the milled area, you can mount LEDs behind the knob, which will illuminate the narrow band surrounding the knob. I like the effect.

Regards,
Scott

Wow ! Thanks for sharing, I will be using this in my next to build preamp for volume control :D
Where did you buy these excellent looking knobs ?

Walter