Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

F5T V3 monoblocks, which were completed this morning. diyAudio store 5U enclosures, soft start, speaker protection and F5T boards (v2.2), 1kw SumR toroids (32 V secondaries), Nichicon KG caps, etc. Four pairs of MOSFETs per amp. The amps are biased at around .7 amps per MOSFET and I can comfortably hold my hand against the heatsinks for 10 seconds, so in time I may grow more fearless. Kudos and tremendous appreciation to Nelson Pass and much, much gratitude to Buzzforb, without whose help I'd be completely lost in the weeds. Thanks as well to UKToecutter, Zen Mod, Sir Byrd and petefrontiers, who all helped me debug an issue with the first monoblock.

These puppies sound really, really good right off the bench -- what'll they sound like when they've had a chance to settle down? One minor concern is some noise from one of the toroids; I trust it'll calm down over time.

The last photo is of my basement listening room. Those with really, really good eyes will spot a photo of me sitting next to Nelson at a dinner a couple of years back -- a cherished moment. Between the F5T monoblocks and my Egglestonworks Andras sit a pair of Pass Labs Aleph 1.2 amps. I've loved those amps for the past 13 years or so and until Nelson released his F5T article, I thought they'd be mine forever. So double the kudos to Mr. Pass!

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• F5T Monoblocks on Kitchen Table_2.jpg
    F5T Monoblocks on Kitchen Table_2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,651
  • F5T Rear Panel.jpg
    F5T Rear Panel.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 1,626
  • F5T Overhead (Grand Photo).jpg
    F5T Overhead (Grand Photo).jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 1,590
  • F5T Overhead of PS and Output Boards.jpg
    F5T Overhead of PS and Output Boards.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 1,535
  • Listening Room_2.jpg
    Listening Room_2.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,426
Folks:

F5T V3 monoblocks, which were completed this morning. diyAudio store 5U enclosures, soft start, speaker protection and F5T boards (v2.2), 1kw SumR toroids (32 V secondaries), Nichicon KG caps, etc. Four pairs of MOSFETs per amp. The amps are biased at around .7 amps per MOSFET and I can comfortably hold my hand against the heatsinks for 10 seconds, so in time I may grow more fearless. Kudos and tremendous appreciation to Nelson Pass and much, much gratitude to Buzzforb, without whose help I'd be completely lost in the weeds. Thanks as well to UKToecutter, Zen Mod, Sir Byrd and petefrontiers, who all helped me debug an issue with the first monoblock.

These puppies sound really, really good right off the bench -- what'll they sound like when they've had a chance to settle down? One minor concern is some noise from one of the toroids; I trust it'll calm down over time.

The last photo is of my basement listening room. Those with really, really good eyes will spot a photo of me sitting next to Nelson at a dinner a couple of years back -- a cherished moment. Between the F5T monoblocks and my Egglestonworks Andras sit a pair of Pass Labs Aleph 1.2 amps. I've loved those amps for the past 13 years or so and until Nelson released his F5T article, I thought they'd be mine forever. So double the kudos to Mr. Pass!

Regards,
Scott

Scott,

Great job!! The amps look really nice! Your work inspire me to start on the project (I have the V3 kit from Buzz too) even though I do not have all the parts yet. I might contact you when I ran into problem ;).

Regards,

Tadaaa....

Hi,

today I want to post the result of my F5T V.2.
Here some details:

Dual Mono Setup: 2 x 800VA toroidals from Toroidy + 2 x 176kuF Elko Capacity from Mundorf
I biased the amp at 2.35A per channel using a pair of 680mOhm source resistors at a voltage drop of ~400mV
Temperature is in the range of 53-55 degree
Offset DC: ~5mV
The housing I'm using is the very large one from Hifi2000.it it is similar to the one you can buy at the diyAudio shop but has a depth of 500mm instead of only 400mm
As you can see I also spent a decent front plate made of plexiglass. I needed to do so because I always want to have a look at the nice toroidals :D

And here are the pictures:

Attachments

• DSCN4942.jpg
    DSCN4942.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 1,291
  • DSCN4950.jpg
    DSCN4950.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 1,234
  • DSCN4953.jpg
    DSCN4953.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 886
  • DSCN4959.jpg
    DSCN4959.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 804
  • DSCN4990.jpg
    DSCN4990.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 848
  • DSCN4991.jpg
    DSCN4991.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 824
  • DSCN4992.jpg
    DSCN4992.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 578
  • DSCN5006.jpg
    DSCN5006.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCN5009.jpg
    DSCN5009.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 632
Hi

Dual Mono Setup: 2 x 800VA toroidals from Toroidy + 2 x 176kuF Elko Capacity from Mundorf

The housing I'm As you can see I also spent a decent front plate made of plexiglass. I needed to do so because I always want to have a look at the nice toroidals :D

And here are the pictures:
Hi Mallard
That one good example of one well made diy amplifier:D
All quality components and with Toroidy and plexy nice touch orginality.
Congrats and thanks for share .
Build more You have talent !