Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Thanks guys for the compliments. I seems I have done something wright. :D

The sound of it is just amazing, you can see on the last picture between the rack and the speaker my old original F5. The comparison between these two amps and the results for me turns out to be tremendous.
The most important difference is the much better three-dimensionality, the stage is much wider and deeper. Instruments, details are much better to localize.

@bcmbob: the speaker you see there is a full range backloaded exp. horn. using the TangBand W8-1772.

I'm driving the whole system without any active preamp, only the B1... and the power of the F5T just blows me away... if I want ;)

@ WalterW: Yes, rail voltage is 32V each. The whole amp is dead silent, no hum, not with an ear on the speaker either an ear on the toroidal.

Hi,

today I want to post the result of my F5T V.2.
Here some details:

Dual Mono Setup: 2 x 800VA toroidals from Toroidy + 2 x 176kuF Elko Capacity from Mundorf
I biased the amp at 2.35A per channel using a pair of 680mOhm source resistors at a voltage drop of ~400mV
Temperature is in the range of 53-55 degree
Offset DC: ~5mV
The housing I'm using is the very large one from Hifi2000.it it is similar to the one you can buy at the diyAudio shop but has a depth of 500mm instead of only 400mm
As you can see I also spent a decent front plate made of plexiglass. I needed to do so because I always want to have a look at the nice toroidals :D

And here are the pictures:
congratulation - excellent work.
The manufacturer of your transformer
Aktualno?ci - TOROIDY.PL Transformatory Toroidalne Producent, Audio, Separacyjne, Trójfazowe, 230/110V, 110/230V, Na zamówienie
is new for me. Maybe of interest, if quality standart similar to the transformer parts from
Tauscher Transformatoren GmbH
What about mechanical hum?
Several toroidal transformers suffers under this issue if DC is present at the mains - go to
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...oidals-summary-most-interesting-comments.html

What means kuF? I think, that you mean mF (1mF = 1000µF).

Mallard & Tief are both nearly correct. Never place a decimal point in the middle of a number that has no significant figures after the decimal point. You can use a comma separator between the thousands, but that can be confusing to those Members that use the comma as the decimal point.

Now look at the various ways of writing that and choose the one that is easiest to write and confirm, to yourself, it is also the easiest to read without ambiguity or confusion.

176mF is the best way to write this value.
Easy to write and easy to read.

Mallard & Tief are both nearly correct. Never place a decimal point in the middle of a number that has no significant figures after the decimal point. You can use a comma separator between the thousands, but that can be confusing to those Members that use the comma as the decimal point.

Now look at the various ways of writing that and choose the one that is easiest to write and confirm, to yourself, it is also the easiest to read without ambiguity or confusion.

176mF is the best way to write this value.
Easy to write and easy to read.

Well, in fact significant figures are significant figures, decimal point or no. So 0.176F is the same as 176mF or 176,000uF as far as significant figures are concerned. Even 176kuF works, though I agree it's a bit awkward. So long as there are only 3 significant figures in the number, it can be expressed however you like. I don't like using millifarads (mF) b/c it is used very infrequently in manufacturer's specs (how many 10mF capacitors do you see, vs 10,000uF?). Plus, I've seen mF used to refer to uF, making it all the more complicated.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Attachments

• ALT codes.png
    ALT codes.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,807
..........Never place a decimal point in the middle of a number that has no significant figures after the decimal point.

Well, in fact significant figures are significant figures, decimal point or no. ...............
000 after the decimal point are NOT significant figures.

The 1, 7 and 6 are the three significant figures that need to be considered and conveyed as information to other technical readers.