The "Elsinore Project" Thread

You did not read my reply in Post #4333 - please do.

Allen, to be blunt. I don't feel I can trust you anymore. I have to make choices just as you have to make choices. It's nothing personal, all I ask is that you play fair cop. You are not exactly a friend.

Is it not against the rules to transfer between [QUOTES] between different threads, particularly considering the malarkey that is allowed in the Lounge. Are the rules, let's be honest, not interpreted in a more lax way there? I was told that.

Do we really want this stuff here?

Wow!

You are on the list. We shall see how we go.

I am waiting calmly and patiently.

Meanwhile, Elsinore are moving. My kids moved out so ...

I'll have my own music room! Which allows for a much better positioning of the speakers. I have to work on acoustic adaptation, but now the sound is much more interesting when it comes to stereo reproduction.

I'm very happy about this.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2021-11-6 o 12.18.28.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2021-11-6 o 12.18.28.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 239
Hey, that's great. I am happy with my room because other people seem to like it! :D

I know you can't give specifics but do you anticipate a major overhaul on the xovers from the MK6? I've been so slow to build my Elsinores that I haven't even cut the baffles yet. I'm only going to do this once and now that you bring the Purifis into the discussion I won't sleep nights if I don't go for it.

US Purifi build

So everybody just smile. I am excited!

Time frame? It looks like we have three serious guys down here in Australia, two in Sydney (incl. me) and Graham acg in Queensland.

In EU, we have Helmut and JaBar as certainties it seems.

That is a massive FOURTY drivers that Purifi has to build us.

If I can get one set of drivers before Xmas, that would be good. I will order the first eight immediately. Again, after arrangements are in place, you will each do your order to Purifi. I am sure they will be cooperative.

It then comes down to a local company as to when they can supply boxes (we need three pairs). How soon will that be with the summer holidays here? If I can work on the design in January, that would be good and you guys are set in February?

I will let you know how each and every step goes, first Purifi and then about getting the boxes I need to finalise the design.

Do I expect the crossover to be very different from EL-6, no I don't. The data that we have on the Purifi drivers are so extensive and from the details I have seen, the differences will be small, but highly necessary!

Whew! That was a lot of replies to get up to date.

Cheers, Joe

Joe, I am US based and would be interested in building out the Purifi driver version, as I already have the waveguide/tweeter set aside.

Not sure if there are any other US builders in the mix.

Regards,

Daniel

JarBar,

Wishing your kids good luck with their journey in life.

Good to know that your new setup makes the stereo reproduction more enjoyable - would you mind sharing the dimensions of the room?

Thanks a lot zman01

It is generally an interesting experience to find Elsinore in various acoustic spaces. As you know, the first couple I built inspired my friends to build them for themselves.

One of them stands in a brick single-family house, with hard stoneware on the floor. Big windows. Despite the 40 square meters of floor space, the sound is very poorly transmitted. It's easy to say why.

The second couple stands in the attic of a single-family house and has a wooden roof with classic slants above them. In addition, the owner took care of damping the walls with appropriate foams. There, Elsinore sing brilliantly! But a similar surface of 35m gives a bass that is sometimes unsatisfied.

My Elsinors are at 22m. The room size is 5.20m x 4.30m. Height 3m. The apartment is in an old house from 1908. I have an original wooden floor on joists and a wooden ceiling under the plasterboard. The walls are red brick. I feel that the acoustic energy is absorbed differently by the room than by my friends who have modern houses. The bass is perfect for my taste. If I play songs where there is an emphasis on its presentation and in good quality, I can feel its texture and diversity with my whole body. Full of happiness and excitement.

In the new room, I hear bass modes are broken down differently. When I have some control over the furniture, I will carry out measurements at REW. And since there is a room for my use only, the ceiling will be provided with appropriate absorbing panels. I will leave the distribution of panels on the walls for later, adjusting to the needs after the measurements.

The couch for lounging in the listening center has already been ordered :)

When the time comes, there will be photos of how I coped.

I love what Troels has done. I have been wanting him to do it this way for a long time. To use single inductors. I am going to email him and congratulate him.

One of the things that Purifi drivers do is to suppress something called "impedance modulations."

I am glad that Purifi is calling it "impedance modulations" because I've gotten in trouble using that phrase, such as TNT dropped in and called be a 'beginner' because I didn't use the strict industry Xmax. First, I am no beginner, I have built speaker systems with my Dad even before I got to my teens, and I am Danish (big name in speakers) and I live in Sydney (where Thiele-Small developed their famous T-S Parameters just up the road from here), I have worked collaboratively with designers all over the world. I should not have to defend myself.

So everybody just smile. I am excited!

Time frame? It looks like we have three serious guys down here in Australia, two in Sydney (incl. me) and Graham acg in Queensland.

In EU, we have Helmut and JaBar as certainties it seems.

That is a massive FOURTY drivers that Purifi has to build us.

If I can get one set of drivers before Xmas, that would be good. I will order the first eight immediately. Again, after arrangements are in place, you will each do your order to Purifi. I am sure they will be cooperative.

It then comes down to a local company as to when they can supply boxes (we need three pairs). How soon will that be with the summer holidays here? If I can work on the design in January, that would be good and you guys are set in February?

I will let you know how each and every step goes, first Purifi and then about getting the boxes I need to finalise the design.

Do I expect the crossover to be very different from EL-6, no I don't. The data that we have on the Purifi drivers are so extensive and from the details I have seen, the differences will be small, but highly necessary!

Whew! That was a lot of replies to get up to date.

Cheers, Joe

Yes please 8 to the US. I'm assuming the same tweeter and waveguide?

Last edited:
Clausen, please be careful. I just want everybody to be at peace now. Time to build Elsinores and we now look that we will have three versions:

1. Elsinore Mk-6 "NRX" version (driver no longer made but some still show up).

2, Elsinore Mk-6 "MFC version (polycone driver currently available).

3. Elsinore Mk-6 "P" version (Purifi drivers "ULD" Ultra-Low Distortion).

Should we call if "P" version, or should we call it "ULD" version?

Any suggestions?

It is not.

dave :cop:
diyAudio moderation team

Good to hear from you Dave. Hope you are in reasonable health.

Then I was misinformed when I was once 'accused' of doing it. But it can be done in an underhanded way, like being attacked on multiple threads at the same time and that does not seem right. Never mind, let's move on, I just don't have the energy to bear grudges, only to assist friends here.

Hmmm do one need to sign up for something now to get a good price or can you buy them for the same price later on?

I am taking a deep breath here, this has become an avalanche and we need to take things step by step.

It's in the explorative phase, I am making a list of those who say they are definitely in and those that are showing interest.

List 1. Those who have put their hands and said they are definite.

List 2. Those who have shown interest and could end up in list 1.

For now it comes down to what reply we get from Purifi.

Ordering Drivers:

I recommend ordering directly from Puirifi via sales@purifi-audio.com - when they see orders coming in for eight-at-a-time, they will know what it is for. Maybe they will give us a special price for eight, we shall see. But if you are outside EU, the VAT should not be applied and you will need to find out what they will charge for air freight. So each of us will not pay the same price. Then there customs considerations if you are living outside EU.

In the US, you could order from Madisoound or similar. But I doubt they will have eight in stock for such expensive drivers. But you could try. So I think most of them will get them directly from Purifi themselves. (Edit: It will take just as long to get because they say they have a two-week lead time.)

I am hoping to place my order of eight this week coming. I will need them before anybody else, to finalise design details that can be passed on to you. Then I need to contact my local box maker and hope that the delay will not be too long there.

I will let you guys know what happens at every stage, as I have usually in the past when we have gone through a process like this.

Just keep in touch on the thread here. I will try to do my best.

Cheers, Joe

Last edited: