Clarity on Seas Thor Kit

some finished pics
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

guess i should post up the build pics

Pics of jimangie x-over

Well I bit the bullet to improve the Thor's I love........... upgrading to the jimangie x-over using Claritycap SA, Mcap supreme and Goertz. I hope it's a big improvement over the madisound upgraded x-overs. PS Adam at Madisound was great to work with...........................

Attachments

• new x-overs.jpg
    new x-overs.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,039
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: Pics of jimangie x-over

kramster said:
Well I bit the bullet to improve the Thor's I love........... upgrading to the jimangie x-over using Claritycap SA, Mcap supreme and Goertz. I hope it's a big improvement over the madisound upgraded x-overs. PS Adam at Madisound was great to work with...........................

Mind if I ask, what was the damage to your wallet?

Ouch???

Questioning my decisions???? LOL.......... to make a long story short, I was actually trying to buy the Thors from Kappa to build a set of rear/surrounds (Odins). That didn't work out because I did not need the 4 - W18Ex's he had and he found a buyer for the whole setup. So in my quest I figured I could use the Madisound "upgraded" x-over out of my current Thors in the Odin's and it gave me an excuse to try the new jimangie x-over I heard raves about.................

not that I have to explain myself to anybody(LOL), there is the jist of things.........

to answer the question about the damage to my wallet, I bought a couple things from Madisound including the Odin (SEAS Excel) tweets, Adam gave me the "old" pricing because I have bought my Thors/Odin center, etc................ anyway the charge for the new built x-overs was $335.42/pair plus shipping, which is about the same as ordering a pair of Odin's and upgrading to the Madisound premium x-over ($245 on top of kit price)........... so it's a wash?