"The World's Fastest Indian"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I went to read that incident in detail now.
Yes, the film's hero real Hunt was there again. Clay Regazzoni who's also in the film, was there too trying to save.
They succeeded to pull him out alive. He was not expected to die, his legs got badly broken though. He developed a sneaky side effect in the hospital, maybe bcs the doctors did not decide how to fix him up fast, and some symptom of body fat acids escaping as it so happens in some fractures cases gave him embolism eventually.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
interesting

- speaking of Rush (which is emotional to me , too ), recently I watched something similar - even if I didn't remember on which program/TV station it was - pretty long documentary about A. Prost , where he was and where he is now ;

big part of movie is Prost speaking about everything ..... and element similar to Rush is degree of respect to Airton and their , name it freely , friendship in later time , prior to Senna's death

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Looking for two volunteers for a test ride.

Attachments

• 2430e.jpg
    2430e.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 84
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Lately I've been watching TV shows about people who build custom bikes. Then I thought to myself, oh my, I only build amps. Worthless amps.

Attachments

• solifague_design_concepts_future_retro_cars_bikes25.jpg
    solifague_design_concepts_future_retro_cars_bikes25.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 84
  • bsa-motorcycle.jpg
    bsa-motorcycle.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 88
Yes I was fortunate enough to have access to cool toys growing up.
I have rode just about anything without wings.
You wouldn't find me chasing a stupid ball around anywhere, I was fascinated with all things mechanical.

I count my blessings that I was not seriously injured or killed though.

Working around high tension gives me more then enough thrills these days.

Plus I don't have to buy license plates for my amplifier, perhaps that is part of the appeal. To me it is the closest thing to that freedom that bikers and hot-rodders must have felt in "those days".

It is not practical in this day and age to have fun with transportation unless you really spend the dollars.
I don't really buy the whole "freedom" thing when enthusiasts are forced to participate in regulation (for their own good) and patronage companies like Geico.
Born to be Mild as they say.

Discovering a dusty old electronic device can be a thrilling experience, this is much more likely to happen to an electronic enthusiast then a auto/motorcycle hobbyist. If somebody found a 57 Chev or an old Indian, they certainly won't give it to that odd guy down the street.(You)
The general population does not see value in most of this stuff. It makes it the ultimate sleeper hobby.

Amplifier projects are a decent size that can be accomplished by most if not all of us. You don't need garage space and a lot of expensive tools.
Relatively cheap thrills as they are less money to operate. Maintenance is less too. They are much more environmentally sensitive depending on how the electricity is sourced.

What a strange question.

What a strange comment.

* If you had follow the prior posts you would find sense in my question. But it's no big deal at all.
- They have competitions every year for the most innovative chopper (two or three wheels).
The fastest ones aren't part of it - they are on the race track of the desert, and some of them are quite long, like rockets.
Top speed?

Amplifiers, bikes, it's all relative; they have their own addicts and adrenaline rush. ...Some people are talented at this, and others ....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.