"The World's Fastest Indian"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just want to say Anthony Hopkins did not capture Burt Monro's character. Burt was a real deal blue collar Kinda guy, Anthony Hopkins does not have a clue of that kind of life style. Burt worked with what ever he could get his hands on, Anthony Hopkins is spoon fed. I liked the movie but I think they should've pulled some old farmer/Machinist out of a shop somewhere and had him play Burt.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you, for someone like Anthony Hopkins to play a part like that I think he really nailed it. He really pulled off the part of an Aussie batler (sorry New Zealanders I don't know your own term for that, Kiwi batler?).

Both Australia and New Zealand share a history of doing it tough because we both haven't had access to things because of distance and have had to sometimes make our own. Australia has a long list of inventions too (unfortunately sold way too many of them).

But the part played was very typical of the real deal. Being a bit eccentric doesn't mean Burt was loud or showy, so I think the part was well played.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.