Advice on meeting women. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th September 2011, 01:14 AM   #1
tade is online now tade  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to tade
Default Advice on meeting women.

Asking strangers on the internet because my parents are useless...

It seems that I am only able to surround myself with men. Antisocial men. I have no clue where normal sociable young ladies congregate, and even less idea how to engage them in a more meaningful way than banter.

It seems like nobody I ask has any idea how they have actually met the people in their lives. They *shrug* and say "I don't know man..."

I get advice to "just be myself" and to "not worry about it so much". I'm sure that works great for people because they often spend time with a good mix of people which includes friendly single women. I don't.

Does anyone have any advice? I am pretty much starting from scratch. I know it will take some time, but I need to figure out how to start.

Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 01:22 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Probably the best advise would be to buy a book off Amazon on how to meet and talk to women.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrati...=29DDS9TDX8EAX
Old 6th September 2011, 01:26 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

You need speakers, BIG speakers. Women love big speakers that take up their living room

Especially DIY ones that are half finished
Old 6th September 2011, 01:32 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

let's take a step back. In order to do that you have to get them to your house.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:32 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I've been there. The answer is: market yourself just as you would anything else. Tell everybody you know that you are looking. You'll find that you have a lot of acquaintances who are good matchmakers who are unaware that you are looking.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:36 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have no clue where normal sociable young ladies congregate
Two places - where they can shop, and where they can meet normal sociable young men.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:36 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I've tried your suggestion leadbelly. My friends of past have been not very social and have either known no women, or the only woman they knew was their girlfriend. Either they really couldn't help, or they didn't care enough about me to help. I can't say.

But today I don't have any friends. Just moved back to my hometown from being in school for five years and in WI working. The last person I knew here now lives in Istanbul. Also, he didn't know anyone else either.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:39 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

sofaspud, Yeah, those are good ideas. I don't know of any places like those here in town. When I go try and find places like those it seems like everyone has come in small groups and sticks to those groups. Also the groups are generally something like three guys sitting with one woman, and the woman is holding the hand of one of the guys.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:42 AM   #9
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Places where single woman are known to congregate:
Local gyms, bars, clubs, pubs, church, roller and ice rinks, art galleries, museums, coffee shops, the AMC (Appalachian Mountain Club), seven minute dates, etc.
Craigslist and online dating services.. (I have friend who met her fiancee on Craigslist.)

No it is not easy, but if you are not playing the game... Be prepared to fail, and to keep trying.. Be willing to explore places where you haven't been before.

Best advice is to get out and have fun doing the things you like to do and where woman are also likely to be present. I met my wife at a roller rink of all places..

Women do like guys who are self assured, not desperate, and seem to know how to have good time. Just be yourself... Dress presentably..

Possibly find some more sociable friends..
Old 6th September 2011, 01:43 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Anywhere except bars and family reunions!
I met my wife through her college roommate who was a co-worker of mine that had a huge crush on me at the time. Somehow I ended up with the right one and wasn't really even looking, go figure. The advice you got to "just be yourself" and to "not worry about it so much" is good advice. The immortal words of Forrest Gump, "Momma says life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get" ring true. Some day the right one will come along and you'll know it when she does.

Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!