Advice on meeting women.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a very interesting subject I stumbled upon a DIYaudio forum.
How many women attend the annual Burning Ampfestival in SF?
Americans would probably say: "You need some serious counseling dude"
NP has a wife so highendaudio and women do go together.
There's hope for you...

Audiophile females

Audio and wives can go together..... they just don't seem to care about the hardware.

My wife owns more LP, CD's by a factor of 10 and has way more musical instruments than I do. There's a tiny recording studio in the house and make no mistake, it's hers.

The only time I saw her excited by hardware was when confronted with the rather impressive Nelson Pass "Klein-horn" in person.

Unfortunately if we lived any more modestly there would be a highway underpass with our name on it..... and us living under it. Musical instrments don't like living outside.

Cyclotronguy

:cheers:

xeclipse
What makes you think there is more knowledge or information in the link you posted than in what I am providing freely here to my diy brethren? Finding activities in common with your target(s) is a good practice, dance is possibility but not a definitive route to success. The key is to remember that the activity is not the goal, it is only the means to the goal. That honesty bit that others here are bandying about should be reserved for partners that merit it. Maintain an appearance of honesty even in your insincerity. It will be easier to extricate yourself later if you decide to move on to another interest. The reality is that women respond to mystery and reserve in men and will see wholesale outpourings of "honesty" as weakness and this is the kiss of death for a successful conclusion ( ie: sex).

rave959
Absolutely agree! Women respond to confidence even when it is feigned. If you are clumsy or unsure afterward when it's "go time", spin it so she thinks she is something special to you. None of this game play has anything to do with honesty but it is absolutely effective.

Women do like guys who are self assured, not desperate, and seem to know how to have good time. Just be yourself... Dress presentably..

Best advice so far.

Women hate desperation. They can smell it like a dog smells fear. And they know that young men are extremely driven by their hormones. Don't, don't, don't play by their rules. It's all a mind game. And the number one rule of the game is that women in your age bracket are completley irrational. Turn the tables on them and make them play by your rules.

When I was young, I was oh so altruistic, and my intentions were oh so pure. In other words, I was a terrible match for women in my age bracket. Now I am thoroughly jaded, and I just don't care. I really have no patience for a woman's foolishness. And they love that.

It's a rare woman that gets it together before they're 30. Many never do; they remain perpetual adolescents.

I've been doing volunteer work lately, and I work with 100% women. Of course, I'm old enough to be their father. It's amazing to see these young women treat me with respect. They never did when I was under 35. One of them even said thanks for talking to me. It's completely irrational.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
When I was young, I was oh so altruistic, and my intentions were oh so pure.

Men are More Romantic than Women Sandstorming.com

I really have no patience for a woman's foolishness.

I still like it - in small doses. In fact, now that I think of it ...it is the only thing I still find interesting about them. Their crazy head. It amuses me. And I mean as an spectator - I don't get involved anymore.

Szervusz Tade!
According to me, you unnecessary to make an attempt with them.
(At the same time with boys though not worthy.)
Is the way with the women somehow, than Rossini characterize Wagner music so:
– He has beautiful moments, but he has bad quarters of a hour.

Wacky

I would add it to it yet the quarters of a hour are in majority.

Last edited:
1. Don't ask a load of audio geeks for advice, unless for audio equipment
2. Stop staring at you PC and get out of the house
3. Go and find a good bar, with live music and
4. Get a few drinks down you
5. Get on the dance floor
6. Check out the girls and see who's checking you out-make a bee-line to her/them
7. Get chatting, buy her a few drinks and off you go

Steps 3-7 always worked for me, the key is confidence (almost arogance) and the knowledge you'll leave with one or not be bothered if you leave with none. Don't be afraid to leave her/them talk to other women, this actually improves your odds. Don't suck up to them, have a joke and treat them like mates-the odd (joking but true) insult often helps.

If steps 1-7 don't work:

8. Move to the UK

Also don't forget it's easier to get a girl when you have one already (like jobs) and you can always trade your way up;) Oh, and once you've got a girl LT you'll soon be trying to get back to being single...

(last bit was a joke-I've a great woman waiting at home for me, with our 7 month old)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.