• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Motor Shipment

superhkm said:
Due to a heavy workload ( the kind I get paid for ) I haven't come round to ordering the motors yet, I also thougth keeping the door open for latecomers would be a good idea. It has been.

Bottom line: Yes, there is still time for motors.

Now that Mark has shipped the boards, Superhkm have you had time to purchase and ship the motors?

Thanks for taking on the logistics of the motor business. I for one appreciate all your help. I can't wait to put this whole project together.

Re: Motor Shipment

JRags said:

Now that Mark has shipped the boards, Superhkm have you had time to purchase and ship the motors?

Thanks for taking on the logistics of the motor business. I for one appreciate all your help. I can't wait to put this whole project together.

I've made the order and tried for some time to get the supplier to give me a delivery date. He has now come back to me saying he is waitng for Maxon of Switzerland to do the same, he didn't have 28 motors on stock.
It looks as if we will all have had our boards for some time until they arrive, but I now have more time and promise to be quick about the shipment as soon as they arrive to my door.

Pulley Debate

superhkm said:
Speaking of projects , did the pulley debate die out ?

I think we hit an impasse. I ordered and received my pulley from someone on the forum who has offered to help. The workmanship is first-rate.

Send me an email and I will forward your request to him. I don't think he has the time for a lot of individual orders with different specifications, nor do I think he has time for the logistics of shipment for large numbers of participants. He might help a few - it is his call.

I am still willing to offer up my machining services, but I got the feeling that what was wanted was not something I am able to deliver. The tolerances that are expected are not within my ability to measure or verify. If there is a design that is agreed upon and a method that is acceptable to everyone, I can make it happen. The tolerance on the bore diameter could by within .001" of a specified diameter. Runout would be negligable since they would be cut in a single chuck with a CNC lathe. If that is not good enogh, then I will only make one for myself.

DaveM

DaveM said:
I am still willing to offer up my machining services, but I got the feeling that what was wanted was not something I am able to deliver. The tolerances that are expected are not within my ability to measure or verify. If there is a design that is agreed upon and a method that is acceptable to everyone, I can make it happen. The tolerance on the bore diameter could by within .001" of a specified diameter. Runout would be negligable since they would be cut in a single chuck with a CNC lathe. If that is not good enogh, then I will only make one for myself.

DaveM

And I am still open for any pulley the wise men of this community may agree on.

Edit : Or you suggest DaveM.

hk

It appears that the inevitable has happened and there are some miscounts in the resistors in the kits. I will make good any shortfalls, I would ask that any significant over-supply is returned to me.

Since I am moving away from the Dale resistors (because they aren't ROHS compliant) and it is very hard for me to purchase them in small quantity, any replacements I have to purchase will be the Welwyn resistors.

I have fixed the website glitches.

I am very busy making a couple of bespoke drives and with the development of a new improved version of the DC drive so I simply deleted the bad links. Sorry if this causes any problems.

The drive developments mean that I will be having some pulleys made to my specification, these pulleys will also suit the existing version of the drive. I will make them available to the group if you don't come up with anything yourselves in the next few weeks.

Mark Kelly said:
I have fixed the website glitches.

I am very busy making a couple of bespoke drives and with the development of a new improved version of the DC drive so I simply deleted the bad links. Sorry if this causes any problems.

The drive developments mean that I will be having some pulleys made to my specification, these pulleys will also suit the existing version of the drive. I will make them available to the group if you don't come up with anything yourselves in the next few weeks.

A generous offer formulated as a threat. I like it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.