• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aurum Cantus G2Si Ribbon Tweeter group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there

Anyone interested in a group buy of Aurum Cantus G2Si tweeters? These are really stunning tweeters and I have located a company that is willing to sell them at $60 US each ($120 US per pair plus shipping from South Africa). The catch is that we are to buy at least 50 pairs at one time.

DirkD

Just an update on the proposed group buy of Aurum Cantus G2Si tweeters. I negotiated a minimum order of thirty pairs with the company.

This is a very good tweeter. See the TJL project of Troels Graveson.

home1.stofanet.dk/troels.graveson/index_b/tjl_loudspeaker.htm

Sorry about the bad link! Here it is again. You might have to cut and paste it into your browser.

http://home1.stofanet.dk/troels.gravesen/index_b/TJL_loudspeaker.htm

Also see Troels' comments about the tweeter and the TJL project here:

http://home1.stofanet.dk/troels.gravesen/index_b/My_Floorstanders.htm

The tweeters retail for $89.95 in the USA at www.e-speakers.com and for more than 120 Euros each in Europe.

Shipping from South Africa is not expensive. I will get a definite quote on airmail shipping to the USA and report back.

Regards

D

I had an interesting reply from Troels regarding the sensitivity of the TJL loudspeaker.

"Well, the TJL has a sensitivity of 84-85 dB/2.83 V. What is shown at the website is only derived from a certain output level from the measuring system and also dependent on the amplifier that drives the speaker during measurement. I wasn't attempting to show the sensitivity here.
And keep in mind that most commercial speakers exaggerate the sensitivity by 2-3 dB. This is very often the case.
The TJL sensitivity is well in line with the 8545+9500 construction and the 2.5 clone.
However, a single 6" driver is never going to make a very sensitive system - that is if it also has to play some bass and the TJL handles well down to 40 Hz due to the smaller magnet compared to the W18EX001 driver with the large magnet.
I could make a speaker with 2-3 dB higher sensitivity from the W18EX001, but then the F3 would be 6-10 Hz higher. That's how it is."

Duck-Twacey

Thanks for the link. Yes, as far as I am concerned the RB60 is the G2Si tweeter and the RB70 the G2 tweeter. Check out this link for differences between the tweeters.

http://www.aurumcantus.com/

fishball79

Airmail to Singapore on a pair of tweeters would also be $50 US.

Regards

D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.