• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Industrial SMD Gainclone - group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi P-A

In general my comments of previous posts still stands. What I do experience now after listening for a certain period of time that some of the harshness, if I even can call it that, is gone. Is it because the components are settling in or am I getting used to the sound I don't know. The music it reproduces is very smooth, detailed and open. What I like the most is the spatial image the amplifier creates. I'm also still amazed by the fact that a $5 chip acompanied by some SMD's can produce such a mature sound. All I can say is that this little amplifier produces a BIG sound.

Still busy on the housing of the amps and my new hobbyroom/bedroom speakers.

PS. Already desided what the surprise will be?:D

Cheers

Walter

Hi P-A!
Same with me. I have been playing a lot of CD's and are often amazed with the clarity and perspective of the sound.
The result have been better than my expectations.
My goal is to build active 3-ways speakers with 4 amps pr. speaker (two for the bass)
BR AndyB

I think that 2 x 28 is actually problematical.
Datasheet, page 14, output power vs supply voltage:
we all know that our speakers are not perfect resistors, they have a variable resistance, hence, using the maximum voltage will give us only problems when the resistance drops under 8ohm. Am I wrong?

I have rather little experience when it comes to different loads, versus supply voltage. What happens if you have 40-42 volts and a 4 ohms speaker? Does the LMN3886 goes on it's knees or can it handle this if we talk "music"? My test speaker has 6.5 ohms DC resistance and it sang very good (with 2 x 24VAC ) compared to my 2 x 500 W Mosfet amp. I didn't supervise the signal with an ocsilloscope so I wasn't aware of how near I was clipping.

If the cooling is good and the voltage is +- 40-42 volts how does the LM3886 handle 4 ohms' loads? Anybody who knows?

My gut feeling says that 2x24-25 VAC is a very good choice and 2 x 22 VAC not so bad either if we talk decibells.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.