• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Industrial SMD Gainclone - group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please hurry up!

The money collection goes pretty slow but I'm also not sure how many which really are interested. Those of you which don't want to buy any boards, I would appreciate if you sent me a message or simply remove yourself from the interest list.

I very anxious to order pcb's, so please hurry up. If you use Paypal it's minutes, hours to complete a payment. So far all foreign builders have used Paypal with 100% success.

Swedish builders:
Svenska byggare, betala bara in belopp enligt tabell. Jag skickar ingen räkning eller så. Det bra om ni också mejlar er adress eftersom Nordea inte är så bra på att visa detta. När ni har satt in pengar, skicka ett mejl att ni har gjord det (nämn beloppet också) samt vilket datum det var. När jag snabbkollar via internet så ser man inte från vem betalningen kommer ifrån.

Listening

Well, it's hard to believe but you are experiencing the same things I did. Detailed, less harsh and more open. I think we both have to buy another DMM because I also could'nt measure the DC offset. One good thing about is that it is very, very low.

Cheers

Walter

Re: Please hurry up!

peranders said:
The money collection goes pretty slow but I'm also not sure how many which really are interested. Those of you which don't want to buy any boards, I would appreciate if you sent me a message or simply remove yourself from the interest list.

There is one more problem: you try to teach some about how to do their group buys, but:
- you have the most complicated WIKI table for this group buy. sorry BUT, I cannot agree with this. that table contains some columns that are of no use for anyone else but you. try to keep your stuff by yourself don't force others to go through it. you also keep the beginning at the end of the table, now how is that ;)
- the link to the wiki page for this group order can't be found easely. at a quick look you can't see it.
- the name? why not keep it plain english? this is more than just a se group order

just some points to think about... i can take any reply, so don't be shy ;)

I think that most people have succeed to fill in it right and the most important columns is that I confirm that I have actually got the money and when I have delivered. I admit that the wiki page is an easy way for me to keep some order and as a side effect everyone else can see it.

Anyway this is my way of running the show and you are entitled to do it your way.

The name of what, you mean "Sjöström SMD Gainclone ? You don't like the ö's in the name? Have you any better suggestion for a name?

peranders said:
I think that most people have succeed to fill in it right and the most important columns is that I confirm that I
have actually got the money and when I have delivered.
Well, I assumed everybody got it right. Then you say most, which means something else.

Anyway this is my way of running the show and you are entitled to do it your way.
When you tell people to look @ your group buy directions(not only in your signature but also your posts) and then you implement a group buy the way you did, let others recommend you something too. If you find my points invalid, call them so.

For me it's not a problem if somebody doesn't make all things right. I'll happily correct any errors.

At the moment noone have had any opinions, besides you.

My idea about the wiki is that everyone involved should be able to see how their order is recieved and how the status is.

If you have any new ideas about running a group buy, please enlighten me but take this in an another thread or in a private email.

Hi P-A!
My observations so far:

- Very silent switch on and off

- The sound was very good right from the start (no burn-in needed)

- It's very quiet regarding to hiss and 50 Hz even if my wireing temporarly are very spagetti-like

- It's slightly warmer (temprature) than my LM3875

- I like the sound - very open and detailed without getting harsh

- It's nice to have everything on one board (only add transformer)

- Fairly easy to build if You have two soldering irons and a good magnifying glass - even with my shaking hands

This is a successfull project!
BR AndyB

I'm happy to hear that you have got success bespite your shaky hands. Maybe a proof of that SMD isn't so hard after all if we used 0805 parts or bigger.

About shaky hands, hint:

Make sure your hands and arms are really rested. If you have a ride with the bicylce and do some braking with your hands, this is enough to get a bit more shaky hands. I did that a while ago and shaked so it was ridiculoius. I am normally not particulary shaky but this time is was silly. It was more or less impossible to solder.

Amplifier Sound

Evening P-A & AndyB

As stated in my previous posts, my findings regarding the sound of the amp are exactly the same as Andy's. The thing works is magic from the first second. While other amps need a break-in period, this one produces a clear and detailed sound right after you finished assembling. Bass is well proportioned, yet not dominant. The high's are crispy but not that anoying SSSS timbre. The mid's are in my case a bit pronounced but this is speaker related. As soon as my other hobbyroom / bedroom speakers are finished I will have a better picture. The overall sound is very coherent and quite pleasing. I also noticed that some sounds, like little bells and echoes, are not coming from the speakers. These are things that I didn't heard before, which is weird because some of the CD's that I've tested with I played many times before.
I can't say if it runs cooler or hotter than my other amps. This is related on how loud you play and for how long.
Absolutely no clicks or plops or whatever when powering up or off. Only things needed are some in-and output connectors and a transformer, and if you really need it a power on/off switch. My monoblocks are equipped with 225VA tranny's and 2A fuses. After cranking it up quite hard, just wanted to know how hard it could play, the fuses didn't blew.
Regarding the SMD stuff I can see no reason why this should scare anyone of. I had absolutely no problems with soldering those litle suckers. If one works carefully and don't rush things this is not more difficult than through hole.
To conclude: a very nice and pleasant sounding amp, compact design and very complete. To P-A my compliments on a job "well done".

Cheers

Walter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.