• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys

Old pcb LCD 7 connectors but the last one look like empty, on new 6.
How I should manage with that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no, no no, can not use Old LCD, because the 9038PRO not the sample 9018S.

If you use old LCD it Kill the DAC chip . Not do that. thank you very much!

Pleae use new LCD with connect
thank

Attachments

• LCD conect DAC.jpg
    LCD conect DAC.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 426
  • LCD supply in.jpg
    LCD supply in.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Dear All,

I have received the DAC today (with new controller, new power transformer, and new chassis).

This chassis is much bigger than the previous ES9018 chassis. It seems this Chassis is designed to be used with Quanghao's tube output in mind. The new controller is also very big in size. So I do recommend to get the new chassis at the same time with the new controller. Don't think the new controller card can be fitted to the previous ES9018 chassis.

I use voltage output mode from the DAC. I use Lundahl LL1690. It took me about 3 hours to solder all these together.

I use the Amanero USB input card. The DAC was not very stable at first and produce pops and click. Luckily I have spare Amanero Card and problem solved after replacing the Amanero card.

I have now run the DAC for about 4 hours. As everything including the output transformer LL1690 is new, I expect at least 100 hours of run-in time. My initial impression is that this DAC has more control authority compare to the previous ES9018 DAC using the LL1684 (also in voltage output mode). So far everything sounds OK.

Looking forward to hear from you how this DAC compare to the previous ES9018 DAC.

Dear All,

Looking forward to hear from you how this DAC compare to the previous ES9018 DAC.

Hi all, Use LL168 for ES9038 is simple and best sound , see image for LL1684 iV -9038PRO.

The DAC-ES9038PRO is a lot better than the 9018S:

I tested the same output Supper IV -LL1684

1. bass sound better, very strong and deep. - ES9018S very poor point.

This overcomes the downsides of the 9018S.

2. Tweeter is very clear and detailed more than 9018S

3. Mid is the same, difficult to distinguish

3. Stereo sound and dynamics are very impressive.

4. The ES9038PRO has an impressive, vibrant music space

5. Especially ES9038 consumes huge currents, 3 times more than 9018S and pretty hot chips, so I need to use heat sink for ES9038.

Please try and let me know the comment about DAC 9038PRO

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 9038 with LL1684 like.jpg
    9038 with LL1684 like.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 268
Super IV ll1684 boards

Dear Quanghao,

How much are the Super IV boards with shipping? I'm not sure if you haven't seen my messages or what not. Thank you!

Hi all, Use LL168 for ES9038 is simple and best sound , see image for LL1684 iV -9038PRO.

The DAC-ES9038PRO is a lot better than the 9018S:

I tested the same output Supper IV -LL1684

1. bass sound better, very strong and deep. - ES9018S very poor point.

This overcomes the downsides of the 9018S.

2. Tweeter is very clear and detailed more than 9018S

3. Mid is the same, difficult to distinguish

3. Stereo sound and dynamics are very impressive.

4. The ES9038PRO has an impressive, vibrant music space

5. Especially ES9038 consumes huge currents, 3 times more than 9018S and pretty hot chips, so I need to use heat sink for ES9038.

Please try and let me know the comment about DAC 9038PRO

Thank you so much!