Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB - Page 61 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2013, 10:48 PM   #601
diyAudio Member

I don't think the google interest list is valid now that the first orders have been filled.

You can order from https://sites.google.com/site/ackodac/
Old 12th May 2013, 10:39 AM   #602
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

hochopeper

Thanks,
Old 15th May 2013, 01:08 PM   #603
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
I got my board awhile ago, but I misplaced the BOM for the board.

Can anyone point to where it is located.

Thanks.
Old 15th May 2013, 01:45 PM   #604
Awh is offline Awh  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Here you go, [ https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzMt...lMSHYzWTQ/edit ] The link was in an email titled AKL-AMN-SXX
Old 15th May 2013, 07:40 PM   #605
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to merlin2069er
Thanks!
Old 16th May 2013, 01:36 AM   #606
acko is offline acko  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Dual Clock Board- AKX302

Quote:
Originally Posted by acko View Post
Dual XO upgrade with Full Synchronous Clocking capability. Local LDOs:
1. ADP150 LDO cct (on-board) 9uV noise
2. LT6655 Reg cct (on-board) 1uV noise
3. 3-Term Reg mounting point and space for Ian's tps7a4700 (4.8uV noise), Hynes or TPA Trident shunts (?? noise).
4. External 3.3V LiFePO4 bat (J2)
Hi All,

The new clock board has been released and thank to all those who purchased the intial batch, Hopefully you have received them by now. Originally intended as a simple clock to to drive the re-clocker board but was eventually expanded to a full-fledged dual clock design that can also interact with the transport for synchronous re-clocking. (very similar to the big brother AKX701!)

The App notes have been updated to reflect the new Full Sync Mode.

The last two pages shows how to use the extended capabilities of this board (Full Sync Mode). Re: ESS DACs

Some modifications are needed on most transports to implement the physical interface. The on-board XOs need to come off as the clock for transport is now supplied by the AKX302 that has been divided to match the frequencies required by transport, i.e transport is slaved:

e.g if 49.152MHz and 45.1568MHz are used on the AKX302 then the div/2 output gives 22.576 and 24.576 to match typical transport XO frequencies.

For 98.304MHZ and 90.3136MHz (e.g 9012/16/18 DACs) then use div/4 output to transport clock.

CKSEL line from the transport is used to select/enable XOs on AKX302. Isolation is again required for the Clock and CKSEL and this would require another one of the AKL-AMN boards or similar.

All this can be quite elaborate but if you have the Amanero USB then the latest firmware update allows external clock to be used without the need for any modification. The I/O lines of the Amanero gets re-mapped with the new FW. Still awaiting more details and confirmation but worth a try using the preliminary information from Amanero.

If the Re-Clocker ICs U2/U8 are changed to IL712 or equivalent for two way I/O and only single CKSEL is used then no additional isolator boards are required and simplifies connection.

The diagram illustrates the connections and further details ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf App Notes.pdf (131.9 KB, 153 views)
Old 16th May 2013, 03:34 AM   #607
syklab is offline syklab  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi Acko,
I have the isolator and re-clocker board from the first group buy AKL-AMN-S02 and trying to decide which method I should try with the Amanero to a JP-Subbu 9023 DAC, a 50MHZ XO is feeding the 9023 MCK now. Will there be any benefit If I adopt the "Isolated Connection with Re-clocking - Async Mode" from page 3 of the app Notes ? How should I be feeding the RCK? Do I need the AKX302 XO Module? You also talk about PSync mode and Turbo PSync Mode in page 4 and 5, which one will give better result on the 9023 in Async mode?

Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 09:31 AM   #608
diyAudio Member

Exclamation App Notes Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by syklab View Post
Hi Acko,
I have the isolator and re-clocker board from the first group buy AKL-AMN-S02 and trying to decide which method I should try with the Amanero to a JP-Subbu 9023 DAC, a 50MHZ XO is feeding the 9023 MCK now. Will there be any benefit If I adopt the "Isolated Connection with Re-clocking - Async Mode" from page 3 of the app Notes ? How should I be feeding the RCK? Do I need the AKX302 XO Module? You also talk about PSync mode and Turbo PSync Mode in page 4 and 5, which one will give better result on the 9023 in Async mode?

Thanks

Hi Syklab,

There was actually missing page (Sync Mode). This would help with your setup. App Notes have been updated. Page3 now shows a basic Sync mode that can take your 50MHz clock. You may not require the AKX302 if you can derive clock from elsewhere. I am not sure how your Subbu DAC looks like. Any Pics or connection diagram?
Other modes are for you to experiment. I haven't tried all myself-was very busy with development lately. I am just listing all the possibilities. Maybe others who have progressed can help at this stage. There is one report here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf App Notes.pdf (139.8 KB, 133 views)
Old 17th May 2013, 11:18 AM   #609
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syklab View Post
Hi Acko,

Thanks
Looks like the Subbu DAC has a 50MHz XO on-board for DAC MCLK. So if you are using the re-clocker then RCK can be fed from the DAC MCLK (PSync Mode-Page 5). You may need to remove the on-board XO and use the AKX302 Clock module for all other modes listed.
Old 17th May 2013, 09:55 PM   #610
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Acko, it is only possible to use HCMOS XO for ES9018 DAC, because there is no level converter in these boards?
If so is there ANY good 9x.x XOs avaible? otherwise the only ones i can find is the 4x.x CCHD-957's....
Also, great to have new notes to get the full resync working.. although i'll have to re-order new isolators...
Any tips on how to best remove the small isolators (for mute/dsd) without hot air station?

Hide this!Advertise here!