• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Apologies for the newbie question, but can someone state which and how many of the various connectors/cables from Ian's GB spreadsheet should be ordered if one is starting from scratch with the FIFO II/ Dual Clock II, isolator and I2S to PCM boards?

Thanks!
- r.

Ian's done most of the thinking for us. He packs most of the cables you'll want into each of the kits and you normally end up with spares. Only thing I'd suggest is looking at layout between DAC and i2s/pcm board and getting an idea of the length of any u.fl cables you might want there. These can be purchased separately but Ian buys in bulk so they're cheaper to buy from him when I last compared things. Might be worth buying a few different ones of these for flexibility.

Chris

Very good question...I would use a USB-I2S board as source, I guess there are also some connectors needed.

If the board you plan to use is an Amanero, then I would advise to buy a BIII adapter PCB and three SMT U.FL sockets, as well as three U.FL cables of the desired lenght. This way you can have all your connections with coaxial cable and in a much cleaner way.

I don't have personal experience with other USB-I2S boards, but maybe it's worth taking a look to the datasheet and see what might be necessary (WaveIO for example could probably use the BIII adapter PCB too). Some of the things that Ian offers in the group buy can be very handy and it's really comfortable to have one single place where to order everything you need for your project.

Hi Ian,

Some questions:

1. I have bought the "FIFO isolator board V1.5" from you earlier. I see the revision is up to 2.5. Is the V1.5 usable or do I have to buy the V2.5? ( The "FIFO isolator board V1.5" was bought with the latest group buy with the "I2S to PCM boards")

2. The J4 connector on the FIFO-board is completely undocumented. (In 1 above is it those signals that have changed from V1.5 to V2.5? I guess the signals are: power, clock select, master clock, more?)

3. There was a lot of talk about a 'Multichannel' release. This one still seems to be a rework of FIFO I i.e just a stereo set-up. Is there still a 'Multichannel' release planned? That was the one I had hoped for :eek: ... though this is still great work :)

Yes, got the message, on my way putting together an order :)

(( Per

Last edited: