• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

3. Multi-Channel I2S/DSD FIFO is still under R&D, hopefully I can finish it by Q4 of this year.

Regards,
Ian

Dear Ian,

Thanks for the hard work. Look forward to multi-channel I2S/DSD FIFO. Is this going to be PCM/DSD compatible ? From DSD point of view, beside the usual DSD_R, DSD_L and DSD_CLK, any possibility to have additional outputs mainly to indicate PCM/DSD, a output pin for mute during start/stop/change of clk speed etc, this is to allow for user an option to mute the output to prevent pops/clicks during those events. I have a pure DSD dac that suffer from this slight pop/clicks, though not really a issue but would be nice to be able to remove them. Thanks

Dear Ian,

Thanks for the hard work. Look forward to multi-channel I2S/DSD FIFO. Is this going to be PCM/DSD compatible ? From DSD point of view, beside the usual DSD_R, DSD_L and DSD_CLK, any possibility to have additional outputs mainly to indicate PCM/DSD, a output pin for mute during start/stop/change of clk speed etc, this is to allow for user an option to mute the output to prevent pops/clicks during those events. I have a pure DSD dac that suffer from this slight pop/clicks, though not really a issue but would be nice to be able to remove them. Thanks
\

Thanks flowerpot for your good points.

The Multi-channel FIFO will be I2S/DSD compatible. Besides I2S/DSD signals, PCM/DSD and MUTE will also be included as optional signals to DAC.

I'm still open for suggestions.

Regards,
Ian

I'm on the process of getting a couple of XO's for the new Dual XO board that is coming and I was about to order a couple of Crystek CCHD-957. Am I wrong assuming that, for a BIII SE with mixed sample rates source, the best option would be to to get 45.1584 and 49.152 and MHz?

Also, I would really appreciate if someone could point me to other suitable clocks that are worth trying (I've searched the thread but had not much luck).

Many thanks!!!

I'm on the process of getting a couple of XO's for the new Dual XO board that is coming and I was about to order a couple of Crystek CCHD-957. Am I wrong assuming that, for a BIII SE with mixed sample rates source, the best option would be to to get 45.1584 and 49.152 and MHz?

Also, I would really appreciate if someone could point me to other suitable clocks that are worth trying (I've searched the thread but had not much luck).

Many thanks!!!

That looks right, the ones I use are part numbers which look the same freq as you've detailed:

CCHD-957-25-49.152
CCHD-957-25-45.1584

This looks like a great project which I am considering trying:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ow-phase-noise-jitter-crystal-oscillator.html

A couple of other suggestions:

1) The Pulsar ocxo:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/258789-pulsar-clock-ultra-low-noise-ocxo-4.html

These are very expensive though and apparently unavailable at the moment.

2) Dexa clocks

NewClassD Neutron Star

...again, v expensive

HTH,
Crom

That looks right, the ones I use are part numbers which look the same freq as you've detailed:

CCHD-957-25-49.152
CCHD-957-25-45.1584

This looks like a great project which I am considering trying:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ow-phase-noise-jitter-crystal-oscillator.html

A couple of other suggestions:

1) The Pulsar ocxo:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/258789-pulsar-clock-ultra-low-noise-ocxo-4.html

These are very expensive though and apparently unavailable at the moment.

2) Dexa clocks

NewClassD Neutron Star

...again, v expensive

HTH,
Crom

Hi Crom,

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Both the Pulsar and the Neutron look great, but I can't simply justify the cost (a pair of Neutrons costs nearly the same as my whole system).

I've been also following TWTMC, looks indeed like a great project but I think that maybe it's a little late to jump into the group buy and anyway I still need to do a lot more of reading (maybe in the meantime Andrea will finish some of the oscillators he is still developing now).

So... seems like I will stick with the crysteks for now, hopefully it's going to be enough improvement from the Si570 board I'm using right now.

Thanks!

I am confused about the quantities of accessories - for I2S FIFO and Dual XO Clock board - what are the quantities of 4/5/6/7/8 and 16- Isolator/17- TPS74A700 items in the spreadsheet required?

Hi Kannan_s,

You will need #17 "Finished TPS7A4700 low noise regulator board V2.5" for Dual XO II if your don't have a better 3.3V power supply

#16 "Finished FIFO isolator board V2.5" is optional, don't buy it if your don't need an isolator.

#8 "I2S backdoor KIT for S/PDIF board" is just for adding an additional I2S input for S/PDIF board, I don't think you need it if you have a FIFO II.

#4,#5,#6,#7 are all for upgrade, you don't need them unless you want to use u.fl cable for all signals.

Just hope my answers help, you can find user's manuals for more details.

Have a good weekend.
Ian

Hi
I ordered Clock II with the generic XOs installed to listen in the meantime while I slowly assemble Andrea's external clock. So when ready, I just unplug XOs, desolder socket with a Chipquick kit, solder in couple SMA connectors and good right ?
If as in post 3514, I soldered a couple right-angle SMAs underneath, put the socket back in above, I could then listen between the generics, Crysteks and the external correct?
Does having multiple connectors on board at same time compromise it's performance and is the desold/sold/desold too risky to the board ?
Apologies if any of these questions are dopey.

Hi
I ordered Clock II with the generic XOs installed to listen in the meantime while I slowly assemble Andrea's external clock. So when ready, I just unplug XOs, desolder socket with a Chipquick kit, solder in couple SMA connectors and good right ?
If as in post 3514, I soldered a couple right-angle SMAs underneath, put the socket back in above, I could then listen between the generics, Crysteks and the external correct?
Does having multiple connectors on board at same time compromise it's performance and is the desold/sold/desold too risky to the board ?
Apologies if any of these questions are dopey.

Yes, If you assemble two SMA socktes at back first, then XO sockets at top, you can use both on-board XOs and external oscillators at same dual XO II.

Outputs are connected exactly at same point, so it should be very small if there is any, I mean affects to signal integrity.

Have fun with your project:)

Ian