• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT we have not changed anything but the BOM, well I suppose the absence of some ceramic caps changes the schematic slightly but the pdf of schematic hasnt changed.. The BOM very little has changed except the brand of parts used, shooting for a better sound. Dario and Tom have removed some of the ceramic caps entirely, replaced many with WIMA and changed the value of a few resistors based on Mauro's suggestions. Bridge is replaced with individual MUR820 rather than the GBJ package. R2 is 10k now and R42 is 47R. The .47R is now .5R Caddock.
The Gerbers were sent to me directly from Russ White. This is what we are using and that silk on 2983 represents the silk from those gerbers.
Uriah

Uriah,

Is there a post here or any place on the ordering site where you have given a complete BOM? This would clarify exactly what premium parts are included at which positions. It might help Dario and me (or anyone else) to double check that everything needed is present. You could use the BOM that I sent you some time ago and modify it so you wouldn't need to start from scratch.

Excellent job so far. Let me suggest that not every single part you supply does not need to be labeled by you, saving some work, as the values are clearly marked on most of them by the manufacturers.

Peace,
Tom E

Tom, Tried to get this on the site. I am just not that saavy to get it to format right as a spreadsheet in the description area of the "product description" part of the shopping cart. Think a pdf is the best way to make sure it is legible.
Google Docs

I was a little worried yesterday as not many orders had come in. Today many more came in and that coupled with the cash I have from selling LDRs makes it easy to make the final purchases. I know it is a chance I get stuck with some stock, but I think everything in this BOM would be pretty easy to get rid of on this forum if I end up buying more than you guys buy from me.
I should have remembered that weekends are the time people get into group buys rather than worry like I did last night. So I feel comfortable making the final purchase. Another idea if I get stuck with a few extra I am sure that I can get some of the guys in the Houston Audio Society to have a little workshop and get together to learn how to build them. Would be fun.
Uriah

Someone just asked about the toroids. I will see if Steve remembers who made them. They only work on 110/120VAC, not 240.
Here is the email I sent if you guys wanted some more information before I get the name from Steve.
I buy them from Steve Dunlap and its been quite a while so I dont have any left and will place an order for more when I think I have a good idea how many there will be. Maybe we talked about that in the first MyRefC GB. Lemme check...
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...auro-penasa-lm3886-design-37.html#post1701302
Here looks like they were 3.6x2.1"
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...auro-penasa-lm3886-design-40.html#post1706089
They were made special for Steve Dunlaps commercial amps when he was able to work
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...auro-penasa-lm3886-design-32.html#post1697657
I will ask Steve if he remembers and post it on the thread.
From my recollection they were made by a company that bought or was bought by Plitron or Avel. (this is a guess but a good guess. We googled the name of the manufacturer and got their phone number then googled the phone number and it turned out to be one of these guys, Avel or Plitron. Cant for the life of me remember which.)

Here are pics of the build from the GB Peter and I did a while back.
Picasa Web Albums - Peter - Final Build o...

Last edited:
I think it would be good to have a few test guys like last time. In the US so that shipping goes fast.
When I get the parts I can ship out two kits to each of 2 guys and they can build it right away and give it a test. This person must be knowledgeable as to what is going on in this circuit and it would be good if you have built it before. I know we have a couple of you out there and I bet you know I am talking about you! :)
If two of you could volunteer, sure would be nice to make sure I dont send out kits with a small defect if I could have you build then confirm the kit. Its not that I have any doubts its just that its the smart way to do it.
Uriah

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The transformer that was for sale in the last group buy (Steve Dunlaps) was made by ILP Manufacturing INC, Toronto Phone (416) 667-9914. Wattage 160, 120 vac @ 60HZ, Customer Part NO: T-2404A. Measures out at 3.75" by 2"- roughly. Don't know if the phone is active or if they are still in business. But that is what they have on the label.
Uriah again thanks for you all your efforts.
Jack C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.