• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm currently looking for a suitable enclosure. Something inexpensive, made of metal. I am going with one case for both amps, or two monoblocks.
But I need to know the size to fit the amp; what are the exact dimensions of an assembled MyRef_C, without the standoffs?

Do you know any good place to order a not expensive case?

Thanks in advance

Good VFM

modu

I have found another distributor with some interesting things, for all of you who are looking for a chassis.I think I will go with 3U rack size, but I need to know the exact assembled board size.
Rack Enclosure Black, 3U :: 19 Inch Rack Enclosures :: Enclosures / Boxes :: Electronic Parts :: Banzai Music
440x290x120, 2.75kg. VAT is included, plus EU shipping it will be 58€.

Having another look at modu, they are not as expensive as I thought :p
What are the differences between Slimline and Pessante?
modushop.biz
435x300x120, 4.4kg. 45.36€ (VAT incl.) plus 30€ shipping (VAT incl.), makes a total of 75€.

But the modu weights near 2kg more, which presumibly will be better.

I have found another distributor with some interesting things, for all of you who are looking for a chassis.I think I will go with 3U rack size, but I need to know the exact assembled board size.
Rack Enclosure Black, 3U :: 19 Inch Rack Enclosures :: Enclosures / Boxes :: Electronic Parts :: Banzai Music
440x290x120, 2.75kg. VAT is included, plus EU shipping it will be 58€.

Having another look at modu, they are not as expensive as I thought :p
What are the differences between Slimline and Pessante?
modushop.biz
435x300x120, 4.4kg. 45.36€ (VAT incl.) plus 30€ shipping (VAT incl.), makes a total of 75€.

But the modu weights near 2kg more, which presumibly will be better.

I purchased this case Autocostruire il negozio degli autocostruttori

I think the main difference is the slimline/galaxy case has a heatsink on each side. I built a dual mono chipamp.com 3886 amp for my dad and used the sides as the main heatsink. ** Please note he is using an easy to drive speaker

I managed to cram in 2x300va transformers, 2 amp PCBs, 2 PSUs, a soft start circuit and a small transformer to power the s-start

Last edited:
Boards are $7.
Transformers are not shipping out of the US. Its just super expensive to ship that way.
Enclosures... we dont have much in the US. ParMetals is the best in the US. You can get them from Antek, Inc but only on Ebay.
In Europe I would buy from ModuShop.biz
I will try to get someone to test the site in a few hours and announce to you guys.
Uriah

PCB is 105mm x 82mm with LM3886 on the 82mm side.
Heatsink size is up to you but a P4 sink is usually fine.

YES EACH KIT IS MONOBLOCK - If you want stereo its two kits

Well guys DIYHIFI SUPPLY changed the price on me. They sent me their pricelist and when I selected the 2.2uf they say that their pricelist was off by one line so I got the price for the 1.5uf cap. Previously they were going to pay for the shipping and now they want me to cover shipping because the package is now 17kg. So that changes the price from 63.45 to 66.48. I am really sorry about that. I thought I had my final pricing from them and I think you guys can tell that I wasnt ready to give a price until I was positive about the price specifically for this reason that I never wanted to have to change the price.
Sincerely
Uriah

Okay store is up and running. I think what I will do is have a few guys from the GB try it out rather than wait for Gio to get home from work.
If you are interested in giving the store a testrun shoot me an email at diyldr@gmail.com and I will give you the link. Then you test it and go through the whole process, payment as well. If you would rather pay later I can just refund the purchase to you. I just want to see if it works when put through the entire process. I can not test the store function because it will not let me use my paypal account to buy something from myself.
Uriah

Price adjustment

I for one feel that price adjustments are to be expected/allowed. Uriah is putting a lot of effort into this and needs to be allowed to pass along those unexpected changes.
Uriah, you're doing a fine job in the service you're providing along with being up-front with the changes you can't control. :up:

My :2c: :soapbox:

Thanks for all

Well, I think what I am going to do is charge for shipping on the back end of this group buy for international. We can know the charges for shipping in the USA but knowing the charges for international is just to big of a risk for me to charge and then have the cost come back on me and be higher.
So I will set up that page to accept orders for USA and International orders. USA orders will be considered final. International orders will get a paypal invoice for their shipping after I start boxing up kits and get several different variations weighed and quoted to me by the post office.
Once I get past the 13 ounce line the price goes up a lot but at that point I can switch to an international flat rate box. However if you guys order more than 2 kits it will not fit in a flat rate box. So then we are using either a larger box or two boxes. I want to do this the cheapest way for you guys so just tossing a number out there that covers every single shipment will work but will be more expensive. Lets do it this way. Everyone pays for their kits, I finish ordering all parts and kit them. I ship all USA shipments and send out invoices for International Shipping. Then ship all international orders.
Uriah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.