Dayton 8" FR PS220 Discussion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This thread is about the Dayton 8" Neo FR driver.

PS220

Which as of this post is now in stock it seems.

The main thing is that this is NOT a DECWARE driver, but a discussion of possible mods and applications seems appropriate.

There is a separate thread on the DECEWARE driver. Here:
DECWARE THREAD

Fwiw, I ordered two just to see for myself... and for fun.

_-_-bear

Last edited:
I think we had this one before when it first appeared, although it may be buried on another thread.

Anyway, appears to be a good unit for its type, decent connectors, powerhandling / efficiency look reasonable too. I don't much care for the neodyminum magnet, but at least it's not one of those Micky Mouse affairs with a ring of small magnets (ignore the sales talk -they do the multiple ones because it's cheap) instead of a single item.

They are over to the right side at same level as Product Details in a little block called "Manuals / Resources" Took me a liittle bit to find. not as clean as it used to be. I still can not get reviews to come up. But, I use a bunch of script-pulling add-ons for Firefox. Just trying to find what one lets that show.

I was able to open it once, and than when I wanted to have a second look at the frequency response, it didn't open. But what I remember from the first glance is that is climbs fairly steeply from 1/2 KHz to beyond 1 KHz. How to build a box around that to correct it? I would appreciate other's insights on this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.