Mark Audio CHR-70 Application Thread - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th September 2009, 05:51 AM   #281
diyAudio Member

Alex will bring demo units soon.
Old 5th September 2009, 10:30 AM   #282
harry09 is offline harry09  United States
diyAudio Member

This kit is very nice , look good!

http://www.ab-system.hk/A&BFrameset_en.html

I find the user Manual and Adequate information.

http://www.ab-system.hk/Eridanus/Eridanus.pdf

Last edited by harry09; 5th September 2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 5th September 2009, 02:48 PM   #283
qingcai is offline qingcai  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
not from what I can see... still says out of stock (as it has for quite a while now)... have you called/emailed to confirm availability?
no, I check the website.
Old 5th September 2009, 02:51 PM   #284
diyAudio Member

Gone for a very good reason:
http://www.markaudio.com/news/0609/a...e-poor-service
Old 5th September 2009, 04:01 PM   #285
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemar1 View Post
I have them for about a week now. Overall – that’s exactly I was looking for.
Design is not too complex, to be impossible to implement, same time not too simple – to be interesting and challenging enough.
I like the way they sound – clean and powerful. Way better than my old Quest 5.1 set (to be fair I paid 100CAD for the whole set including active sub).
Treble is incomparable to my other pair of OB-RAW with ribbons, and base is incomparable with my Cerwin-Vega floor standers. But that’s PC speakers – sitting in front of me right now, playing music really-really sweet. They not take half of my room. They even not take a lot of my desk. They don’t mind to play in the corner, right against the wall.
So, one more time: thank you HareBrained, really like them.
I'm glad you enjoyed building them and how they sound. For their intended purpose, they are sweet. Thanks for building the design.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:02 PM   #286
diyAudio Member

what ever the reason alpairusa had great prices on the units, and also did great commercial support, with my order delivery and redelivery and redelivery again... that's a long story of us post offices and me going on holiday in the usa...

but the guy there was so nice i simply had to spend a very good word on him.
Old 7th September 2009, 05:55 AM   #287
qingcai is offline qingcai  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmoose View Post
they reply email very quick, and price is good. I guess they just ruin the market price.
Old 9th September 2009, 08:08 AM   #288
Ian444 is offline Ian444  Australia
diyAudio Member

A mate and I built 3 pr of speakers last week, 2 pr Lotus and 1 pr BIB, all for CHR-70. My mate Dave was very impressed, so was I, but I already had built a pr of Lotus previously, and was impressed to hear similar character at someone else's place with different room, amp, and wood material. He already had MDF and chipboard so we used that. Both designs sound very good. I have no idea how they compare to other designs though, but we could not fault them. The BIB build is so quick and easy. Lets just say there were lots of smiles from us amateurs...all good clean fun...

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/BIBCHR70.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...LotusCHR70.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...sinternals.jpg

Interesting that the Lotus seems to have high WAF in my experience (based on 2 wives and one teenage girl - Daves daughter), or the quality of sound far surpassed the appearance, not sure which, maybe both

All of this is thanks to Dave, Scottmoose and GM, you guys are making a lot of people happy I am sure.

Last edited by Ian444; 9th September 2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Had to add a thank you
Old 9th September 2009, 01:21 PM   #289
diyAudio Member

^I'm glad to see some others getting into the Lotus design. I think it's one of the best I've built so far. I love my pair!
Old 9th September 2009, 02:31 PM   #290
diyAudio Member

Ian444. I see you made the single driver lotus design. A few folks that have made the dual driver version think it sounds better than the single. I've always found that what you don't know won't hurt you. If the single sounds good then having no dual version to compare it to and spoil that feeling is probably a good thing! Having said that, is there anything about your Lotus that you find lacking or think the dual version might correct? And how do they compare to the BIB's. Which do you prefer? BIB or Lotus and why?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hide this!Advertise here!