What does YOUR computer spot look like?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is where I sit when dreaming up nosense to post to diyaudio. Note the screen image. Note my HP/Sony 21 inch fixed frequency monitor, I got 2 for $10. :D Can't see boot screens though, it will only run at 1024x768x60Hz. Box is P200mmx.:rolleyes: I have a racy layback chair, ergonomically angled keyboard and strategically placed cup of tea. Pure luxury. What's your setup?

Attachments

• workstation.jpg
    workstation.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,933
I'm not able to post image of workstaion at present - no digicamera - but I did notice that we use a similar high-quality, non-ferrous (hopefully), felt-treated (to reduce unwanted resonances), high WAF equipment stand. The one under the mug of tea, I mean.

The image on the screen looks familiar too.....

Paul

Sonics and Ergonomics....

I have a triangular PC workstation table set into the corner of my spare room.
I've got a 15" on the table top with rack of shelves containing a tube reciever then a 14" Sony tv, then a Sony hifi vcr on top, and a pair of Boston A-40's either side, and a remote control for the vcr.
I can run PC sound or tv sound in via the auxillary input.
The monitor has perfect focus and convergence, and the audio is sh*t hot both at near field, and throughout the house.
This is a killer little system that really cranks if I turn it up - at lower levels it is always nicely detailed and totally non fatigueing.
Total budget

I'm happy.
Eric.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I don't have any pictures of my computer spot.. but here is where my roommate sits all day using his computer, watching television. He spends hours playing with his microcontrollers and making pcb layouts...

I will post a picture of mine later...

--
Brian

Attachments

• aad.sized.jpg
    aad.sized.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,442
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.