What does YOUR computer spot look like?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
JasonL said:
Planet 10 i'd like to see your tower: O ) i like the dual monitors though.

Dual monitors are essential IMHO. My G4 is 1st generation. I get a new one in March (should look like JasonL's -- unless they rev the case before then) in March after the lease on the wife's Cube expires. Hoping that the Dual 1 GHz becomes the low-end machine.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BrianGT said:
what is with those ugly buttons under the drive bays?

More important than the outside is the inside... The door can be locked, and popped down while the machine is running. Everything is accessible.

dave

Attachments

• g4-flipdown.jpg
    g4-flipdown.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 786
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
JasonL said:
The one that i posted is the new ones relesed a few months ago and it has dual prossessors. mine is

dual 1 gig
1.5 gigs ram
120gig hard drive
64meg dual head video
dvd-r burner.

and they are not buttons they are air vents.

; O )

Alright, my friends is also dual 1ghz with 1.5gb ram, geforce4, 180gb hd and a dvd-r burner. It is pretty nice. He also uses it with wireless, and has a wireless network in his apartment. I am jealous. I am stuck with my dual 850mhz pIII machine...

Too bad they changed the case. Does it really look that bad in person? I could always get used to it. I always want to poke the speaker. Didn't someone disassemble one of those and measure it a while back?

--
Brian

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
JasonL said:
They actualy lool realy nice in person. i realy can't wait till i get mine. it is going to put a perma smile on my face for a few months..: O ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Alright, I will go out and look at one. I guess the reflections were kind of strange on the vents, and I thought they were protruding buttons at first, some kind of home-build mod : )

It looks better in the picture on apple's site:

Have fun with yours when you get it. Christmas was one month from today. Quite scary, as I haven't even though of going shopping for presents yet.

--
Brian

Attachments

• indextop08122002.jpg
    indextop08122002.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 770
Brian are you saying that your thinking about buying one. That would be cool i can garentee youll like it too. little but of learning but hey IT IS simple. trust me. i know nothing about mac's and well just useinng one is so simple now. no more dam loading ofdrivers or worrieing about viruses ( still think about them thuogh ) and no more hassles to get things working. Yes MAC's YES yum yum..

Nothing special in the way of computers... though my big PC is still a pretty powerful machine almost two years after buying it... 900MHz Athlon, 750MB RAM, GeForce-2 32MB video card, and 57GB of disk space. The Sony monitor rocks for photo editing. :up:

You can't see it in the photo, but there's a little path from the door to my desk, surrounded by various boxes of new and surplus electronics ju... err, goodies. I daren't post a view looking the other way! ;)

Upstairs, I sit on my bed or super comfy IKEA chair (probably the only chair in the world that fits me like a glove, I love it!) and listen to my Paradigm Studio/20s. Amps are a Mullard EL34 up top, or my GM75 down below... soon to be joined by the Aleph-X. At night, I use the HD-600's, which also kick butt. :) Since I ran out of rack space to store CDs, they end up getting piled around the amps... The apartment is too small for all my stuff, so some of it is still in banker's boxes almost a year after moving in. Ahh, the wonders of living in Silicon Valley. For what I pay for this little shoebox, I could afford a large 2-bed downtown, waterfront condo with a sweet view in Vancouver. Fortunately, prices are coming down, so maybe I can do something about it after my lease is up in Jan.

Ah hah i find a pic of my older appt set up i had a dedicated room for me and my electronics and computer. here is my old system specs. witch i have sold.

amd athlon 1.2 gig
1 gig of ddr pc2100 ram
4 x 60 gig hard drives
24x burner.
32 meg video matrox dual head.
2 x monitors.

man i miss the 2 monitors thing i cant wait till mac comes. then ill be back but using 2 x 19" monitors. i used to have a p4 1.5 gig server with 12 60gig hard drives but meh i sold that and bought a bike insted. i had a personal ftp sight with tons of apps and programs on it.

j

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.