Bose humor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is in no way meant to be offending to anyone. It is meant to be funny.

Spoted at Something Awful.
havax.jpg

Well Bose make bad speakers, but they are one of the more wealthy speaker companies on this planet.

Their marketting strategies are unrivaled, and you gotta hand it to them for being able to sell as many systems as they do.:dead:

Money is what makes the world go round really.

DrSplodge said:
Well Bose make bad speakers, but they are one of the more wealthy speaker companies on this planet.

Their marketting strategies are unrivaled, and you gotta hand it to them for being able to sell as many systems as they do.:dead:

Money is what makes the world go round really.

well, not "bad" , just mediocre -- at high prices

i recall decades ago when the 901s came out -- a friend had bought them and they sounded awful

Bose knows his market, it's not our market.

thoriated said:
Bose deserves no more than a Kapitalist Kuriosity Korner. This link rips the cover off the sorry technical performance of the Wave Radio.http://www.mfk-projects.com/other_measurements.htm
Should be a source of some stimulating, yet politically correct dinner party conversation with those whom Blose has brainwashed with their insinuating advertising in non-audio media.

My favorite bose-bash:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Oh, and to say something on-topic... I don't think there really needs to be a seperate subsection for all those speakers- I think the search section might be good enough. I guess a "Classic speakers" section might be welcome, though. Everyone has an old stereo they received from a relative, and they want to know if it can be made to sound good.

Speaker forum.

What about my man Paul Klipsch? Sorry, could not resist.;)
You all started it so here goes::eek: I have a positive statement about Dr. Bose, he is an EXPERT at marketing! I have never agreed with his audio philosophy or the way he markets his name, but he has done well at selling his company to the public. Everybody has heard of Bose. Now if you mention Audax to most people, you would get a blank stare:apathic:
Bose has sold the little class D amps with half ohm speakers to numerous automobile manufacturers. Try and get parts or info from them!:dodgy: Just a few I have worked on: GM, Honda, Toyota, and Mazda. I was able to reverse engineer the boards and find out the generic part numbers on the I.C.s. When I tried to buy some for repair stock, The manufacturer informed me they were locked into a contract and could not sell to anyone else! Nice way to run a Monopoly!
Allright, I will get off my soapbox, I've vented my anger. We all hear a little different, so there will never be a "best" speaker. But it is fun to remember the magic world of audio I grew up in. Got to meet Mr. Lansing, Rudy Bozak, Paul Klipsch, and many others all before I was out of high school. Can you guess what my father's hobby was?:rolleyes: We had a set of Concert Grands in the family room for a while. That was impressive before all the big stuff hit the market! And what true audiophile of the late sixties, early seventies would be without the requisite 10 inch reel to reel tape machine. Crown any one? Regards to all, Steve

I finally had some time that I really had to kill and had a look at Rich Wang's intellexual.com site. Maybe his site would have real value if he stuck to the facts and not create the illusion that Bose is only selling part of the music to its customers. Looking at the response graph I have to say that I have seen some high-end speaker measurements that looks even worse (most panel type loudspeakers) yet they offer good sound quality. Since when is a flat frequency response the only criteria for good sound? The graph also does not show how the output from the sub and sattelites sums. This is a vital piece of information if you want to use frequency response as a measure of quality. It seems that there are enough FACTS not to have to resort to half-truths.

Anyway, to those people who has nothing better to do than bashing a company that is obviously very good at marketing is: GET A LIFE!

Wave Radio SQ a sacred cow? Some salesmanship deserves to be criticized and to fail. If the CD 'Perfect Sound Forever' advertising campaign had been put out of our misery early, the world could have had a few more years of high quality analog sound maybe segueing directly to a popular DVDA or SACD - quality digital standard.

Buy Bose stock, not Bose speakers.

Don't try to educate a Bose owner, as it is a waste of time and breath.

Bose has innovative ideas.
Their focus is not on fidelity rather income.
You don't see Bose going chapter 11.
How many other speaker companies have folded in the pursuit of perfect sound?

rabstg said:
Buy Bose stock, not Bose speakers.

Don't try to educate a Bose owner, as it is a waste of time and breath.

Bose has innovative ideas.
Their focus is not on fidelity rather income.
You don't see Bose going chapter 11.
How many other speaker companies have folded in the pursuit of perfect sound?

$300 to $499 for a "Wave Radio" -- you should have your head examined for purchasing one --

Like it or not the 901 is a classic with historical significance.

The 901 does not rise to the level of an audio classic in my book, although it is worthy of some regard due to its longevity as a product and 'unique' dispersion characteristics. However, it is by far the best of a wildly oversold bunch o' products that Bose has cranked out over the years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.