Bose humor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
philipbarrett said:
Although, who do you think has made the most money selling audio gear? My vote goes for Dr. Bose & Hartley Peavey. Got to admire them for something!
Chalk and cheese though. Peavey makes some decent products, competitive and useful in the marketplace (not overpriced under performing c-r-a-p) and even some very good ones such as the Cirrus bass guitars.

Bose has built its "empire" on the foundation of marketing excellence. Bose has become a "household word" based on recognition alone, not from superior quality sound. If you look at their cubes, you have to ask the question "how? How could these cubes emit quality sound across the audio spectrum?" Answer - they CAN'T, and there's a huge midbass/midrange frequency range that is LOST, which is why they don't publish specs. If you have to ask - they WON'T tell you.

Yup, marketing; man's best friend.

Drive Klipsch if you can - you won't be sorry.

Chris

What's the name of that funny movie where there is a scene in a strereo store where a young couple with pregnant wife (who truly cannot afford to buy anything) go in and the stereotypical unscrupulous salesman pounces on the guy and ends up talking him into going into debt buying a pair of the biggest, baddest and most 'kabuki' crapola type speaker in the store with the most profit margin for the dealer?

I'd love to see that scene again! :D

Guys,

There is one good thing about Bose. Sometimes rich people, purely by accident, actually buy something good. This was the case for a Scottsdale couple that bought some JBL L300 t3's. Now, some years later, they decided that some little cubes on a stick and a sub in the corner was the way to go... so they bought the stupid things. They posted the JBL's in the paper... and I went and bought them $350 for the pair.

They were relieved to have that bulky JBL stuff out of their home. A few minutes in their home and you could see that the speakers never saw more than a watt... or dust... or cat climbing the grilles.

:D

Hi!

One of my $$$ loaded friend has a wave radio. I told him better stuff was available localy.

Did a simple demo in his house hooked a local well built FM stereo Receiver based on Philips chips to my PCs very simple low end Creative 2.1 spks.

:bigeyes: He was shocked . Nowdays he is upset dont know its me or his radio.

Regards

Rahul

not funny

Rahul said:
Hi!

One of my $$$ loaded friend has a wave radio. I told him better stuff was available localy.

Did a simple demo in his house hooked a local well built FM stereo Receiver based on Philips chips to my PCs very simple low end Creative 2.1 spks.

:bigeyes: He was shocked . Nowdays he is upset dont know its me or his radio.

Regards

Rahul

bose marketing EXPOSED-

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/isolation/messages/548.html

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/isolation/messages/557.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.