NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Finally I have clicked a few photos of images projected from my projector. :D You can view them by click the following link. :c_flag:

projected images

The Projection is 80 inch diagonal. My screen material is not perfect, it is a flex sheet the material used for printing banners. :rolleyes: It has a texture on it which you may see if the image is zoomed. But for actual viewing it does not cause any distubance. I want to use a better screen but till now did not find anything better.:confused: If any of you out there know of some thing better available locally do post the info.
The image file is very big as it is 7.2 megapixels.

Happy building... :cheers:

Congrats

Dear Gitesh,

Kewl, Congrats once again man. I logged in after a long time and was really pleased to see ur latest results. Great going man.

Unfortunately, my proj is still in the making as i have been unable to devot enuf time for it due to work constraints.

Well, looking at completed projects of ppl like you and many others here is always an encouragement to us. Keep it up.

Hopefully i too will join the gang soon, till then keep em coming

Cheers
Nirmal

Re: Congrats

nimu said:
Dear Gitesh,

Kewl, Congrats once again man. I logged in after a long time and was really pleased to see ur latest results. Great going man.

Unfortunately, my proj is still in the making as i have been unable to devot enuf time for it due to work constraints.

Well, looking at completed projects of ppl like you and many others here is always an encouragement to us. Keep it up.

Hopefully i too will join the gang soon, till then keep em coming

Cheers
Nirmal

thanks mate

query

To fib
Fib what are the differences that you have noticed ? I would like you to give special emphasis on the SCREENDOR EFFECT with respect to this LCD and the earlier one?

I think you are using an OSTRAM 250w POWERSTAR (Incidently i have the same bulb).Have you compared it with other MHs.Of late a new bulb that is HCI instead of HQI bulbs have come into the market which are supposedly much better than the HQI series.These are called OSRAM's POWERBALL bulbs.So far i have been able to lay my hands on that.HAve you?

In your images it is a bit difficult to identify which grainy structure is because of the FLEX sheet you are using or the LCD PIXELS.

To me the best thing for scrren is : get a wall smoothened and skimmed by a POP mison and then apply DULUX's VELVET TOUCH PAINT with pearl glow finish.

hello all frnds

I just starting my DIY Project. i hav 2fresnel lens 220mm FL 220mm, 90mm triplet lens FL 500mm, 8 inch LCD Panel with 16.9 aspt ratio. 150 V Lamp with blst. but LAXEN SHEET ??????

pls wind out my problm whr i can buy ? n also projection screen ?

Bajat mein bhai bucz paisa khatam

Re: query

In the earlier display that is nischica display screen door was there . But not annoying like in a super lcd tv. Screen door effect in hanspree is better than nischica. it is visible ony when you have a display having only one of the primary colour. also it is visible only from a distance of 4 feet or less.

I am using POWER STAR HQI-T 250W/D
It is 250w with 20000 lumens having a pretty high efficiency of 80 lumens per watt. And the best part is the color rendering index is 1A which is above 90%
and color temperature is 5300K

Power ball is available around twice the cost of power star. i have not used it though. POWER STAR HQI-T 250W/D is an excellent bulb. if you have very good reflector the performance will be even better. I would recommend people to use 400W for screen size of 60 inches and above.

Power star HQI-BT 400W/D NAV-VG would be a good choice. (color rendering 1A , 5200K color temp)

The pattern you see is the design in the flex. the projected pixels are smaller.

I live in a rented house so i cant paint the wall :(

Thanks for your input umesh.

umeshkumar09 said:
To fib
Fib what are the differences that you have noticed ? I would like you to give special emphasis on the SCREENDOR EFFECT with respect to this LCD and the earlier one?

I think you are using an OSTRAM 250w POWERSTAR (Incidently i have the same bulb).Have you compared it with other MHs.Of late a new bulb that is HCI instead of HQI bulbs have come into the market which are supposedly much better than the HQI series.These are called OSRAM's POWERBALL bulbs.So far i have been able to lay my hands on that.HAve you?

In your images it is a bit difficult to identify which grainy structure is because of the FLEX sheet you are using or the LCD PIXELS.

To me the best thing for scrren is : get a wall smoothened and skimmed by a POP mison and then apply DULUX's VELVET TOUCH PAINT with pearl glow finish.

re

To fib
I have the same bulb.It works best when it is used in the vertical alignment with the base pointing downwards.One more thing , if you have a stabaliser you can raise the input voltage a bit (around 10-20 V) and the bulbs works perfectly.
I was intrested for the POWERBALL as the members on the LL have touted for 150w so you can very well imagine what the 250w would do.

Re: query

Hi umesh,

You can reduce screen door if you can compromise a bit on the focus. Keep the projector a bit out of focus. I have not seen power ball working.
Can you send me any thread where power ball is discussed in detail in the lumen lab forum? See my old posts I would have given the address and phone no of a shop where osram is sold. Call them up and find out availability. If you can’t get it use a power star 400w if brightness is the problem. Now what is the screen size you getting? Screen door is not related directly to pixel size. It is dependent on the active area of each pixel. That is in each pixel there will be some opaque area for the electrical connection for the pixel. What we have to take care is that maximum percentage if the pixel is active. There is another type of screen door effect when only one of the primary colours is displayed. That cannot be solved. The only solution is to use 3 LCD panels. Commercial projectors have 3.

quote:
Originally posted by umeshkumar09
Fib yaar i made the PJ sometime back with the following set up.
Lamp=250w powerstar (OSRAM)
LCD= Benq FP 51G. (15")
LENSES= S15 LL lens kit.

But when i ran it i t wasnot as good as i expected mainly on two
accounts.The first is the screen size to the PJ box raio which wasnot
much.The second was the screendor .That annoyed me the most i i have a 10'x10'
room with a bit of furniture.On top of that i only love giant
images.So i wanted atleast an 100" image.For that big an image one is supposed
to sit at atleast 8-10 feet.So i watched it for a week or so and then
put the LCD again as if it wasnot taken apart.
But his time around i have been looking for the samsung's 10.6"
WXGA.Pixel size is half as much as the normal 15" one.

Have you seen some POWERBALL working.I mean is the powerball 150w
almost equal to a 400w powerstar to the eyes i mean not lumenwise?

To fib
Yaar availability is not an issue at all.It is very much available but we DIYers can walk around collecting bulbs.It is Twice as costly as a POWERSTAR.But i havenot seen it live.
I guess the difference is the same as we cannot differentiate between 250w RMS music system and 400w rms one.

hello diyers,

i have purchase Super LCD 13.3" Brand which have XGA 1024X 768 Resolution it worth 4800/- from Lajpat Rai Market N.D
pre condonser from Capital Cine Supply 1701, Bhagirath Place Chandni Chowk N.D worth Rs. 100/- and also 4" Fan Gaurd worth Rs. 90/-, 4" Fan worth Rs. 50 each, Triplet lense 1500/-, Fresnel lense 1500/-, M.H Lamp Osram 900/- Now I am going to make PJ. Very Soon come back. one more thing which i have not purchase i.e LexanXL10 Sheet but i will purchase shortly.;)

Interesting Link

Hi All, congrats to all who have managed to create their projectors i have been observing the happenings here from a distance.
Do check out a link that I found to someone in india who is commercially making similar projectors,I am not posting this link to kill the creativity but to reinforce the fact that if properly made these projectors can rival commercially available, Also there is a chance of turning your hobby into a industrious venture!
Best Of Luck. Cheers
Budhi

www.cine-projectors.com

Please help me in getting a DIY PJ

Hi all,

I got the link to this forum very recently. I am very much impressed with the DIY PJ idea and very much interested to own a PJ with a very good PQ.

@ Gitesh : I am in Bangalore (Bannerghatta road). Hopefully i will be shifting to whitefield after 2 months. Could you please help me getting a DIY PJ. I am a novice in electronics and PJ. Please guide me how to start.

@ Gitesh : If you dont mind, can i see your projector, so that i will get an idea how a DIY PJ will look like and the PQ it gives. If possible ASAP, please..:)

mail.cmsajith@gmail.com / 9448235115

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.