NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
WOW I was just puttin on paper !! u have done it

Hi,

I am still applying taught to make one.. ! but you have made it. good !

can you post photos if Inside Projector cabinets.

I know places in bangalore (I am from Bangalore) , where I can get cheap LCD TV for car.

I will try to make one at later stage.

the diagram was not clear !! did you place LCD between Fresnel lenses ? what is mirror used for ?

if you can please post here in detail so other DIY'ers can also enjoy big screen at home !!

great work.

suds

Hi Maks

Hi Maks,
I saw your website and i am really impressed with the work you have done. I believe you are from whitefield area in bangalore. I am from Bannerghatta road (Bilekhalli). Seeing your work i am very much interested in building a projector. Can you guide me..?:) Can i see your projector some time in the weekend just to get more idea about how a diy pj looks like, its PQ, the effort reqd. etc..

best specs for the 15" projector

I am a novice in optics. Could somebody please help me in finding the correct lens specs?

Requirements: The throw distance will be around 14 to 15 ft. The screen size i am looking for is 100 - 110".

Please tell me the specs (focal length, size etc) required for the frenels, triplets, the lamp (o/p power) etc to get the best pq out of it. I will be using the 15" benq monitor (T51WA).

Hi Pramod, Thanks for the response. I have procured the S15 lumenlab lens kit with 2 fresnels and a triplet. Now I am searching for a good 15" LCD monitor which can be easily stripped. Shortlisted Intex 1404W and Benq T51WA. Is there any other options available, preferably with DVI-in? Also anybody knows from where can i procure the condenser lens, UV filter etc in bangalore?

Got the kit through one of my colleague who was returning from US. Ordered the kit through online and shipped to his US address. Paid 70$ (kit) + 10.25$ (shipping, thru US Priority Mail) Total ~3700INR. Well packed with total wt. 1.25kg.

I am planning to use the 400watt bulb. Its better use a UV filter to protect the LCD n Frenels from over heating. Bulb and Ballast costs around Rs 1800 - 2500 (bulb 800Rs + 750Rs (STARLITE I) / 1050Rs (STARLITE II) / 1700Rs (OSRAM) + Bulb Holder: 45Rs.) Need to negotiate.

Benq 15" monitor (T52Wa) costs around 6550Rs including 4% VAT.

Hi arvinthks,
Go to shop No 375-B called 'Mini Cine Mano'! in the new Moore market (Lily Pond) complex near Central station . One Mr. Manohar runs the shop . A small shop stacked with all sorts of projectors from old bioscopes to latest LCD projectors. There you can get fresnels ripped off from old OHPs and also old OHP projection lenses, with which I have made a projector for myself. Reflectors are also available with him.

Pollok

New to DIY Projectors - Bangalore

Folks,

Firstly... Hearty Congratulations to all of you for sharing wealthy info on the DIYs.

Its proud to be part of this forum.

I'm game on getting into it right away as I'm a Big Screen Freak.

I'm a Bangalorean and I would need details on where to buy Lenses, LCD and the other accessories in Bangalore.

Your suggestions and infos would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sunil

Hi Sunil

I am also from B'lore and started with a 15" PJ. If you are interested, we can do the PJs jointly.

I think you can get all the parts from Optics & Allied (plz check the prev posts to find the address), near whitefield, not sure about the fresnels. Its better start with the fresnels and try to find the matching lens and finally the lcd.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.