NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hmmm

may be in excitement i posted my crude pictures too early.

i will refine, block all light leaks,play a DVD, pause it, take pictures & then post it & then we will see. i know that VGA or XGA LCD image is going to be better but my purpose is to watch movies only.

as i told, screen door effect was evident only when i was closer than 5 ft. obviously i am not going to watch movie from such a close distance.

hmmm

people will ask , why i am experimenting with smaller LCD when others advised to use larger one. 2 reasons,

i had a small fresnel which could accomodate a sceeen no larger than 5". now 5" screen i coudn't find & didn't want to buy new fresnel, so decided to go with smaller.

second, i am a doctor. by 12th we all know human body in and out, but still in 1st year MBBS, we have to dissect dead bodies, then clinical examination on healthy volunteers and then on patients. so its a learning curve. same thing about PJ.

otherwise ,buying LCD projector and making a box and using materials and dimensions provided by others is, i think , much the same ( minus the cost)

the images i have posted were running videos( did not pause them). they are ought to look poor. will post still images soon.

anyway i shouldmention the costs.

LCD; JXD multimedia player: rs 2000
magnifying lenses: rs 200
MH lamp 150 watt with assembly: rs 950
fans: rs 200
SNPS: rs 150 ( second hand)
Box: rs 1800( had to get it done by a carpenter)
others: rs 500 (extension board, reflector, wires etc)

total: rs 6000

harsh pal

i have repeated innumerable times that these small LCDs can be used for underperforming projectors.The PJ wouldnot turn out to be stunning for sure because of too large pixel size.If you wanna make yourself an awesome PJ try to go for the SAMSUNG's 10.6" WXGA if you could catch hold of,or else use 17" or 15" LCD. Mind it resolution had better be XGA or upwards.These days i guess the LCDs are available between 6000-7000 Rs.:) :)

PIXEL PITCH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Dude if i knew the the availability of SAMSUNG's 10.6 WXGA(Mind it) then i would straightaway buy it :) Obviously at reasonable price though.Dear raise your budget a bit more to 6500 or so to build a reasobnable PJ or else compromise on the quality.Why donot you go for a regular 15" LCD monitor.See friend you are not gonna make it again and again.So Buy something nice which is presentable else your mother will say " what a tank(IMPOTENT with a poor resolution LCD) have you placed in the middle of the room !"Cannot you watch your regular TV.I think there is no point projecting an image thrice as large but with too big a box.

One more point these LCD TVs specify their resolution in DOTS not in PIXELS.So divide the number of DOTS by 3 to get the number of true pixels .

diy PJ

Thanks Umesh for you kind suggestion. Umesh could PICTURE of Image or your Projector i want to know distance b/w triple and fresnel lense and a gap b/w fresnel lens and Lcd .

I have already purchase OHP fresnel lense it is about 12" after your mail i measure my computer CRT monitor it is 15" monitor it is big than frensel lense . so i am little bit confused to take 15" LCD monitor which you are suggest. Now Umesh, at this movement what to do ? :(
:confused:

harish

To Harsh
My friend , You have to options at your disposal.First is try looking for some LCD in NEHRU PLACE or betterstill would be put those fresnels aside for a while and get yourself the brand new ones.The cheapest would be from LUMENLAB.The safest and surest bet.I know you would not be able to save a lot my searching through the markets as far as lenses are concerned then there could be some quality issues as well.

Now the distances and all can be taken care of later.First gather all the parts.If you are looking for the LAMP KIT then i can sell it at 1500Rs.Its an OSRAM 250w POWERSTAR BULB with the ORIGINAL OSRAM BALLAST AND IGNITOR.Just plug it in and you would be ready to illuminate the entire town:) .In market it is availble upward of Rs 1950.Mind it everything is brand new and you can have any number of units.

first projector

photo of projector

Attachments

• prj1.jpg
    prj1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 298
diy projector

hello guys,

Don't bother about Triplete Lense and Fresnel Lense which you are looking but can not get any where but i give you the name of shop where you people get these items because the shopkeeper itself make a projector he also guide you also for make diy projector. the shopkeeper name is Mr. C.M Papneja and the Shop is Prince Optical ShopNo. 24 Main Road Malka Ganj, Delhi Near Delhi University he also put fresnel lense which is about 675/- and Triplet is 1500/- he is a manufacterer of lense as per your requirement he will arrange that item. he put all kind of lenses. so my dear friends don't go any where for these item. just contact these person.

Hi upgraded my projector with new LCD

Hi all i have upgraded my projector with new lcd from a
HANNSPREE 10-Inch MLB Champions Leather Baseball LCD TV :)

Uploaded a couple of pics from the project. use the following link

photos of the upgrade stages

the specification of the panel is below

TV Application--> 9.6" SVGA(800*600)
Display area�F 194.4(H)*145.8(V)mm
Pixel pitch�F 0.243(H)*0.243(V)mm
Pixel arrangement�F RGB vertical stripe
Display color�F 262,144
Back-light�F 2CCFL,side light
Color gamut�F 72%
Input signal�F 1 Channel LVDS
Display mode�F Normally White
Brightness�F 350nits
Contrast�F 450:1
Response time�F 16ms
Viewing angle�F Horizontal 65/65,Vertical 45/65
Viewing direction�F 6 o�fclock
Surface treament�F Antiglare,Hard-Coating(3H)
Outline dimension�F 224.0(H)*169.2(V)*8.5mm
Weight�F 430g
Power consumption�F -
Remark�F RoHS

Shall take some photos of the projection and post it when i get time. happy building

Re: PICS re

umeshkumar09 said:
Man you didnot mention the price of the LCD.We are extremely eager to look at the high resolution pics.Donot wait.

I purchased it online from amazon. Unfortunately they dont ship it to india. so i shipped to to a friend who had gone to vist USA. he brought it back with him when he came.:D . it costs under 100$.

shall get the pics of the projection this week end.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.