NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Hi Sunil

cmsajith said:
I am also from B'lore and started with a 15" PJ. If you are interested, we can do the PJs jointly.

I think you can get all the parts from Optics & Allied (plz check the prev posts to find the address), near whitefield, not sure about the fresnels. Its better start with the fresnels and try to find the matching lens and finally the lcd.

Hi Sajith,

Thanks for the Optics Link in ur previous posts. I checked with them, they have the Triplet for 1,800/- and Fresnel Lens for 1,200/-. He asked me to come to his factory and if it matches our requirement we can buy them.

Here's my email id: sunil.dcruz@gmail.com

Thanks for helping bro.
Sunil

7" LCD Screen

Hi,

I enquired for the 7" LCD Screen in Bangalore (National Market, SJP Road, Burma Bazaar) and the resolution they have is 320x243.

Is this enough for a good clarity projection or do I have any other options in a 7" or 8' inch LCD Monitor?

Also can I used LCD Monitor which we use for Desktop Monitors?

Does it have the A/V input / output?

Ur suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks,
Sunil

Re: WOW I was just puttin on paper !! u have done it

suds said:
Hi,

I am still applying taught to make one.. ! but you have made it. good !

can you post photos if Inside Projector cabinets.

I know places in bangalore (I am from Bangalore) , where I can get cheap LCD TV for car.

I will try to make one at later stage.

the diagram was not clear !! did you place LCD between Fresnel lenses ? what is mirror used for ?

if you can please post here in detail so other DIY'ers can also enjoy big screen at home !!

great work.

suds

Hi Suds,

I'm also in Bangalore, can you help me locate the place to buy LCD for Car (at a cheaper price:D)

Regards,
sunil

anybody home? :)

Hi!

Was researching DIY projectors and came across this thread.I am an HTCP enthusiast from mumbai and wanna build a projector to go along with my HTPC. Anybody from Mumbai in this forum who can guide me? I wanna get some guidance before I throw myself at the mercy of Lamington Roadies! :D

I also have a few questions
1. Is 7" LCD actually a good size? from what I've been reading for the past few days on the net, most people use 15" monitors. I have a small room and frankly even a 6' x 6' image will do for me. Infact, Its what will fit! Dont live in a mansion! lol. You guys have tried 7" LCDs a lot, but most of them are low resolution and without XGA etc. Does it really matter if my screen size is 6'x 6' ?

2.I would like to compile a list of vendors for all the accessories that we use to build the projector, citywise. Maybe this forum can be the place to do it! It will act as a reference for the new enthusiasts like me.
More importantly, It will cut down the most laborious part, the HUNTING AROUND! So people from hyderabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Ghaziabad all please join in and tell us where u got your components from.Most of this data is spread around all over the thread so it would be nice to put it in one place. :)
I think all of the users have contributed a lot but A sticky where all the components, prices and addresses are stated in one place citywise will help fellow enthusiasts.What say?

Before you say "abhi abhi aaya hain aur abhi se hi style maar raha hain" :smash:
I'd just like to say thanks and hope I will get some help here in my quest.

hi auldthief,

7" lcd is good enough if you get a decent resolution one.
minimum i recommend for a 6' projection is 800x600.
it's easy to build a 15" based projector because the fresnel lens available is suitable for 15" lcd.

in short, if u get a good resolution 7" lcd and similar size fresnel lens, u can go ahead with the small size projector.

in my experience, if you use 15" lcd from a normal monitor, and use for 6' (approx 5'x7') projection, the clarity and brightness will be really good.

best of luck...

Hi auldthief

Hi auldthief,

If you are planning to hookup your PJ to an HTPC (assuming that you are planning to view HD content), you need atleast a 15" lcd monitor with native resolution of minimum 1280x720. All the smaller size panels which are available in the electronic shops doesnt have the native resolution that an HTPC requires. Eventhough the manufacturer say ( the exact word they use is "supports" or "accepts") the panel can accept 600x480 or 800x600 res., it doesnt mean that the native resolution is the same, unless they have specified it separately, the native resolution may be far far less than the supported resolution and the incoming data will be downscaled to its native resolution. This resolution will be fine if the purpose is to watch the dvds (not in 576p, it will be downscaled) / the vcds / watching tv. In this case you dont require an HTPC, a normal dvd player is enough.

I enquired a lot in the market to get a smaller size lcd panel with 720p resultion, the minimum size is 15" but not with DVI i/p, only analog 15 pin D-sub vga (vga supports higher resolution, only drawback is that its analog, we need to take care of the interference). Only from 17" monitors the DVI i/p is available. I suggest better go for a 15" atleast. The only problem is the size of the PJ to get accomodated to the decor of the room unless you have a dedicated theatre room.

One panel is there from samsung 10.6", but i think its not available in india.

Group Buy for Condenser Lens

Folks in Bangalore,

I enquired for Condenser Lens at Optics & Allied Engineering in Bangalore and got to know that they take a minimum order of 5 to get the Condenser Lens done.

The Details are:
Name: Condenser Lens
Diameter: 64 mm
Focal Length: 113 mm - 117 mm
Cost: Rs. 320/-
Minimum Order: 5 nos.

Kindly revert if you folks are interested in this group buy.

Thanks,
Sunil - sunil.dcruz@gmail.com

Re: Hi auldthief

vnsnair said:
hi auldthief,

7" lcd is good enough if you get a decent resolution one.
minimum i recommend for a 6' projection is 800x600.
it's easy to build a 15" based projector because the fresnel lens available is suitable for 15" lcd.

in short, if u get a good resolution 7" lcd and similar size fresnel lens, u can go ahead with the small size projector.

in my experience, if you use 15" lcd from a normal monitor, and use for 6' (approx 5'x7') projection, the clarity and brightness will be really good.

best of luck...

cmsajith said:
Hi auldthief,

If you are planning to hookup your PJ to an HTPC (assuming that you are planning to view HD content), you need atleast a 15" lcd monitor with native resolution of minimum 1280x720. All the smaller size panels which are available in the electronic shops doesnt have the native resolution that an HTPC requires. Eventhough the manufacturer say ( the exact word they use is "supports" or "accepts") the panel can accept 600x480 or 800x600 res., it doesnt mean that the native resolution is the same, unless they have specified it separately, the native resolution may be far far less than the supported resolution and the incoming data will be downscaled to its native resolution. This resolution will be fine if the purpose is to watch the dvds (not in 576p, it will be downscaled) / the vcds / watching tv. In this case you dont require an HTPC, a normal dvd player is enough.

I enquired a lot in the market to get a smaller size lcd panel with 720p resultion, the minimum size is 15" but not with DVI i/p, only analog 15 pin D-sub vga (vga supports higher resolution, only drawback is that its analog, we need to take care of the interference). Only from 17" monitors the DVI i/p is available. I suggest better go for a 15" atleast. The only problem is the size of the PJ to get accomodated to the decor of the room unless you have a dedicated theatre room.

One panel is there from samsung 10.6", but i think its not available in india.

----------------
Thanks both of you! So i will go for 15" LCD with minimum WXGA and native 1024x 768 resolution. I will make sure it had at least SVGA,S-video and VGA inputs (I currently dont have DVI/HDMI on my motherboard, maybe later after upgrade). Where did you guys buy your panels from? Did u strip down an LCD or u got bare panels? What LCD monitors u used if I may ask? Any idea where to get all the components in mumbai, bangalore or anywhere else in india? I cant afford to pay the unbelievable customs duty! :hot:

Hi diarav

@diarav, Thanks.
I paid ~6500 INR for Benq T52WA including 4% VAT from SP Road.

Yes, my plan is to use it along with an HTPC (not built yet, another expensive project) for high definition content. For normal TV and occasional DVD watching, I will be using my 50" LCD. I will post the pics about the progress.

Re: Hi diarav

cmsajith said:
@diarav, Thanks.
I paid ~6500 INR for Benq T52WA including 4% VAT from SP Road.

Yes, my plan is to use it along with an HTPC (not built yet, another expensive project) for high definition content. For normal TV and occasional DVD watching, I will be using my 50" LCD. I will post the pics about the progress.

50" LCD!! :bigeyes: I'm jealous! cuz I'll be happy even if I get a 50" diagonal image using the projector!! :D BTW, did u strip the Benq T52WA? is it easy to strip? no ffc issues? Do keep us posted! I'll be starting my build next month (gotta wait for PAYDAY !!):mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.