NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
got the fresnels and monitor!! pics!!

the fresnels...

Attachments

• img0155a.jpg
    img0155a.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 344
and thanks...

Thanks Budhi, I will look out for broken microwaves and cars! :D just joking! I willl just try normal float glass. Super lazy so don't think I'll be going out looking for tempered glass. But who knows what luck brings! Wish me luck! :DBut as I mentioned, I did see the "Floodlight" at lamington for 2800 Rs with choke,lamp, reflector and tempered glass all in a neat enclosure , it's the kind of floodlight used to illuminate those huge ads and billboards on the roadside and the signboards of shops. Ithink I will go for that and suitably modify it as it seems to be more readily available here. i think there are chinese imports available too. (think CHEAP! :D)

Most of the Samsung models are very good and also don't have FFC issue but you never know .The laptop screen which i used from the dell laptop was also Samsung and no FFC issue .

You can visit this site for a compatible list of Samsung or BenQ list LCD list

I would also try to share some LCD models which would work with the projector,since 15" monitor production is kind of phase out i think it would be difficult to get one .Most of the companies are just clearing there stock .

But trust me DIY projector is worth all the hardwork ,yesterday whole night i was tweaking the projector,i introduced the glass as a heat insulation between light and Fresnel lens but like others because of the glass there was good amount of loss in lumens.So now i have to work towards removing the issue with the dark corners .

Pramod you are right. T52WA is a widescreen LCD and only widescreen lcds are available in the market now (SP road, Bangalore) and 15" lcds are going to obsolete. I tried this lcd with S15 lumen lab kit, but effectively the fresnels are short by less than 10 mm at both sides. So while watching a movie this will not affect at all. Since i am planning to connect it to an HTPC with Windows Media Center, this will be an issue. I am thinking about 2 options: There is an option to reduce the wideness from the lcd's on-screen menu so that nothing is cropped from the display image (but this can be done only from one side, either from left or right). Second option is to adjust the screen resolution using ffdshow.
So effectively it will give more viewing area than the normal 15" lcd monitor. Members, please comment on my view.

help required

Hi,
I am from delhi and I am planning to build my first projector.
Could someone please help me locate lens(fresnel and projector) in delhi area. I went to chandni chok market, but no one is ready to listen and don't know what specifications they want for lenses.

I need fresnel lens 285mm,310mm and a 270mm projector lens.

Please reply to me at prashsax@yahoo.com

thanks
prashant

Completed my Bulid

Hello all,

I have completed my projector build yesterday.

Components used ...

15 inch sharp lcd monitor
250 watts osram metal halide - single end
Ballast 250 watts (local make)
fresnel, triplet and reflector from an old OHP
Box - made with plywood.

I got a projection size of 100 inches with good brightness
Projection is visible with room lighting, but it's good only with all lights off.

I have not painted my pojector internals black, and tweakings are pending. Projection screen is normal wall with off-white paint.

Attachments

• projector 006 (medium).jpg
    projector 006 (medium).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 340
Hi diarav,

I have spend approx total 5000/- only now as i was having an LCD monitor with me. Got an old OHP from a guy who sells used PC, accessories etc for 3000/-
Bulb and ballast costed 1575/-
Plywood cost etc.. etc 400/-

I will post the projection images very soon..

regards
vinay

Re: help required

prashsax said:
Hi,
I am from delhi and I am planning to build my first projector.
Could someone please help me locate lens(fresnel and projector) in delhi area. I went to chandni chok market, but no one is ready to listen and don't know what specifications they want for lenses.

I need fresnel lens 285mm,310mm and a 270mm projector lens.

Please reply to me at prashsax@yahoo.com

thanks
prashant

Prashant! Hi from fellow Delhiite! :)
u can try Lensel in Pune. I got a quotation from them for both the lenses and fresnels. Only thing is they dont have a good online payment system. see attachment.

Attachments

• quotation2.jpg
    quotation2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 470
thanks auldthief for replying...

For now i've bought 2 sheet magnifer from ebay, n will be using then in place of fresnel. I've already stripped my LCD tv. But I m stuck with projection lens issue.

i m trying to use a regular magnifying glass as projection lens, but i m able to project a small part of my 7" lcd screen.

i will go out to buy a magnifier with bigger diameter. this is a small one.

projector without triplet??? (normal lenses)

prashsax said:
thanks auldthief for replying...

For now i've bought 2 sheet magnifer from ebay, n will be using then in place of fresnel. I've already stripped my LCD tv. But I m stuck with projection lens issue.

i m trying to use a regular magnifying glass as projection lens, but i m able to project a small part of my 7" lcd screen.

i will go out to buy a magnifier with bigger diameter. this is a small one.

watch this video. He made a slide projector. NO TRIPLET REQUIRED!!!
I wonder if we can do the same. the type of magnification leses he used are available for 40 rs for a set of 2 here itself in Chembur! :D Any comments?

slide projector video

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.