Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Well technically speaking it is a far cry from the old bybee...but this sucker works (For Me) when I tried it under the "just because I can" reason.

I implemented it in all of my circuit...mind you it has a small voltage drop (Do Measure Here !!!!!) which will have effect on the voltage supply for the motors.
What is inside...do not know ...do not care....and did not care to open it up...I will leave that to the curious ones..

Soundwise...yeah...I like it...more air/ ambient...do not take my word for it...I do not want stupid discussions ...try it/or leave it....

Then my humble answer would be - good for you Erik!

Happy xmas!

Yesterday I implemented the circuit for the motors.
Again in a dedicated copper chamber.
Wiring as short as possible you see the small plug in the right hand corner to make the connection when things get (de)mounted.

I also mounted a Yamamoto bridge for all incoming wiring and for small elcos and resistors due to tweaking...

The tube sockets for the 6CK3 (chip psu) are also wired...copper on the glow and Mundorf silver/gold wire for the rest.

My handwired transformers ( custom made ) also came in...soon pics...

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
As many other good things, BG's are history these days. Sanyo OsCon will follow soon as well.

You will find that many Peter Daniel's improvements have been included in our design and few more.
PCB was designed to allow two crystal types ane one metal can (Tentlabs).
For output, you may use any THT resistor including Caddocks.
Also there is the option to insert ferite beads for each IC power stage or to use external power supply's leaving room for further experiments for those who like to do this.
Shiga's sound can be influenced mostly by capacitors, so PCB will accept several capacitor types.

And who knows, together with this great community, may we will discover more tweakings, but now is time to move forward.

Regards,
Tibi

I need one tested and mounted board with cable ,to replace my version one board.

Hi Fran..echo from the desert :D

I am still using the Shiga board....no need for Tibi yet since this board can still be taken to higher Indian grounds.

If nobody outthere modifies Tibis than this JVC board " with a bit of extra tweaking" can overrule Tibis any day of the week (a few Peter Daniel tweaks on the JVC board makes it even sound simular/better as I have read on the dutch forum) but that is a bit of a strange comparison I admit but still...the JVC hobby guys get my intention....maybe the others bought Tibis a bit to soon thereby killing the fun and "next level" achievement...;)

In the mean time I have listened to quite a bit of upgrades in the proces...as you have been able to read...so now it is implementation time...no stopping now...this thing is playing itself easily into record area...

Last edited:
I'll echo what Fran said Looks Great.

I hope to get back to working on my original and the new Tibi version after the first of the year. I've spent this past year working on certifications for a career change and had very little(no) time for working on this. If things go as planned I will be back at it soon.

Great news everyone !

Shiga MKII 2014 is alive and kicking .
Today I have participate in testing the new Vicol audio Shiga MKII .
The MKII read perfectly now CD-RW and SACD ! (!!!!)
All type of re-writable media and different type CD and SACD was read perfect and BETTER than Shiga first version .
And the sound , never hear such a delight !
Soon will come a case for this beauty .

Attachments

• 20140105_131113.jpg
    20140105_131113.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 727
  • 20140105_131102.jpg
    20140105_131102.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 695
  • 20140105_131028.jpg
    20140105_131028.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 693

Attachments