low pass filter for DSD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
@ abraxalito
Done the filter yesterday and enjoyed all the evening & night listening music, a big thanks again.

Attachments

• 50 ohm characteristic impedance 4th order low pass filter.png
    50 ohm characteristic impedance 4th order low pass filter.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
You might well get a reduction in common-mode noise from using the transformer, it depends on your particular system setup. If the audio's originating from a PC then the average PSU in the PC is a prolific common-mode noise generator.

I'd try it after the filter since we don't know the leakage inductance.

I can't think of a good reason to mod the filter, no, just to accommodate a trafo. You might want to consider a snubber (RC series nework) on the secondary of the trafo. That's because its designed for a 600ohm load impedance and most preamps/amps aren't anything like that low an input impedance.

I suppose it might do, depending on whether your LCR meter has a setting for the maximum applied voltage (mine has 1V, 0.3V or 0.1V). But to measure leakage inductance you need to short circuit one of the windings so the chances of magnetizing the core when you've a short across a winding is pretty slim.

Getting a figure for leakage is just the first step, you then need to put that and the primary inductance into an equation to get the coupling coefficient.... As you've said you don't know how to use a simulator, I'd suggest going the 'suck it and see' route.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.