Hypex DSP module(s)

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
So, with a modification date of december 11 2014 there is a DLCP Firmware V2.1 available at https://www.hypexshop.com/DetailServlet?detailID=5485

From ReadMe:

"LCP firmware version 2.0
- Completely rewritten firmware only HFD V2.12 and up can be used for firmware updates
Enhancements in DLCP firmware version 2.1:
- Volume readout after reboot fixed, and volume set to -96 instead of 0dB."

Anyone upgraded? Experiences?

//

It only supports 2 channel input. So the answer is no. Unless you create a 3rd center channel by adding the other 2 front channels.

Thank you. It's normal ht-setup so I'll guess I need second DLCP board.

Hypex DLCP input board has connectors for second DLCP, but is it then possible to use like analog 2 inputs with second DLCP or does second DLCP only give possibility beyond 3-way systems? So should second DLCP be totally separate or can it take advantage of that same input board?

So, with a modification date of december 11 2014 there is a DLCP Firmware V2.1 available at https://www.hypexshop.com/DetailServlet?detailID=5485

From ReadMe:

"LCP firmware version 2.0
- Completely rewritten firmware only HFD V2.12 and up can be used for firmware updates
Enhancements in DLCP firmware version 2.1:
- Volume readout after reboot fixed, and volume set to -96 instead of 0dB."

Anyone upgraded? Experiences?

//
Where? I only see the R 1.10

Either way, I think I'll wait to other have tested it.....

Thank you. It's normal ht-setup so I'll guess I need second DLCP board.

Hypex DLCP input board has connectors for second DLCP, but is it then possible to use like analog 2 inputs with second DLCP or does second DLCP only give possibility beyond 3-way systems? So should second DLCP be totally separate or can it take advantage of that same input board?

I dont use the input board myself but I guess you it is not possible to share the input board among multiple DLCPs.
Like using 2 inputs for one DLCP board and 2 other inputs for the second DLCP board. Am i understanding you correctly?

I think the point of the input board is to switch between different stereo sources. If you want a HT setup and ability to switch input stereo sources you could use one input board to one DLCP board and the second DLCP directly connected to whatever input you are using, but without the ability to change.

For example if you have AES/EBU interface for 4 channel HT and optical for stereo music. You could use the input board to switch "2 AES/EBU channels" or optical input.
The rest of the AES/EBU channels go to an XLR connector connected directly to the second DLCP board connectors.
Like solder the XLR connector to the the individual cables on a flat ribbon cable which goes to the DLCP board.

So, can I freely route the six outgoing (logical) channels to any of the 6 physical connectors on the DLCP board in software? I can't see its possible but wanted to be sure as it effects my cable routing strategy.

//

Are you talking about the six physical outputs?
You can link them internally in software. Under the tools-> options you get a window which has a tab called "link channels".
I have not had any use for this function though so havent used it.

All DLCP buyers should receive an email tomorrow regarding the new firmware.
I did and this is where the link with the new firmware takes me to:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request
Hypex Electronics :: Amplifier Modules, Power Supplies, DSP Solutions :: Home

I admit, I thought this was a little funny:
Besides this firmware fix we are working on a complete new version of HFD (Hypex Filter Designer), we are aiming to release it this year.

Just incase anyone didn't receive the email...

"Dear Customer,

To solve some strange bugs and unexpected behaviour we had to rewrite the complete firmware and bootloader from the ground up in a new language. This new firmware version is called V2. If you are experiencing strange behaviour, please update your DLCP with this new firmware.

Besides this firmware fix we are working on a complete new version of HFD (Hypex Filter Designer), we are aiming to release it this year.

DLCP V1.2-V2 Firmware upgrade

Best regards,

The Hypex Team"

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Doing the FW upgrade. Using VirtualBox from a Mac didn't work. There was no contact after the second boot loader upgrade. Did not connect. But DLCP was fine as it connected when hooked up to a PC laptop. So don't do it if you only have a Mac with VirtualBox at hand. Guest os was NT4.

Now after FW upgrade, I can't connect via Mac. Something changed in USB implementation.

PC OK.

//

Doing the FW upgrade. Using VirtualBox from a Mac didn't work. There was no contact after the second boot loader upgrade. Did not connect. But DLCP was fine as it connected when hooked up to a PC laptop. So don't do it if you only have a Mac with VirtualBox at hand. Guest os was NT4.

Now after FW upgrade, I can't connect via Mac. Something changed in USB implementation.

Bummer - that probably means similar problems with Linux as host :(