Hypex DSP module(s)

Most important thing is that it's now playing fine and sound quality is as before stellar. I have however had some issues were a new filer doesn't always upload to the DLCP and once the sound disappeared after trying to upload filters several times. Had to turn off the DLCP completely in order to get the sound back. If this continues, I'll contact Hypex. That's something I can't live with. Anyone else that experience simliar?
[/IMG]

Mine was bricked at one point. There is a fail safe bootloader procedure (just move a jumper over to the pins by the green LED), off hand I don't remember it exactly but it's easy. Sometimes I think these things need to be wiped clean from time to time.

Are you using the HFD 3 beta?

I think the DLCP is very sensitive to ground issues, maybe this is duh stuff but I have my UCD's mounted to a large aluminum heatsink that was floating from chassis, I tied the amps screw connectors to chassis and all the ground points on the smps400's to chassis and it helped a lot with both random switching of inputs and noise floor. It seems weird to me that hypex sells plastic spacers for the SMPS400 but one of them really should be on a metal standoff. My build is more ghetto than yours, I've got it all stuffed in a $20 husky toolbox!

I can't argue with the sound quality though.

RyanC:
Beware of the fact that UcD modules have very high gain. I had to reduce them with -8 dB (I think it was) in order to avoid noise with some waveguide speakers.
It's much easier to avoid hiss with Ncore.

ds23man:
Where did you get the plastic (?) cover for the IR?

With speaker level L-pads? Maybe I'm daft but all my attempts at pads between dlcp and ucd's has only added more noise.

It is small ( 65x60x20 mm) and uses 0,5 watt in standby mode. Will be presented in a couple of weeks.......:Present:

Sorry, can't tell anymore........:D

It is wonderful news, however, as it implies that the release date is getting closer and closer and at least so far it doesn't seem to delayed massively as the DLCP was.

I guess I'll buy myself a DLCP + PSU in a couple of weeks =)

Nice,

At the moment I'm at a bit of a standstill in my speaker project as my current source isn't nicely floating as the DLCP is so there are annoying ground loops. The DLCP should solve all those problems though =) One thing I've wondered about though:

The outputs of the DLCP are floating so you can connect unbalanced or balanced amps without any modification which is nice: But if I connect an unbalanced amp, will I still get the cable noise rejection advantage of balanced signals?

To reduce cable clutter I'm considering sending the outputs over shielded Cat6 / Cat7 and if I get the noise rejection from balanced drive then pairwise shields should be unnecessary, but if not then Cat7 might be an advantage with the pairwise shields.