The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 151 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th May 2011, 06:41 AM   #1501
diyAudio Member

Hello, been lurking this thread for over a year now. Impressive stuff!

If I mount the magnet against the centerpiece, there would still be a gap, I think someone mentioned 3mm (I haven't received the HP10W's yet so I can't measure myself). Would this stuff suffice for sealing the gap, http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/link/m3/...x?artnr=34-235 I think the sealing gasket ljudia.se sells is to small (2.8mm).

Masonite seems really hard to find in any of the stores around here and plexiglass is really really expensive. :c

Last edited by laidback; 16th May 2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 16th May 2011, 06:47 AM   #1502
diyAudio Member

Bad link.

Anyways, yeah, just normal sealing band. 1-2mm and the grills on the inside.
Old 16th May 2011, 05:06 PM   #1503
rubennn is offline rubennn  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
All the main parameters should be roughly the same.

Sensitivity: 94-97dB/w/m
Qts: 0.38-0.42
Vas: 50-60l
Fs: 45-55Hz
Re: 6.2-6.8ohm
Le: 0.9-1.1mH

You need to find a speaker with all parameters within these limits. Specifically Re and Le can go outside these as long as one goes equally much to the other side as the other, ie. if Re goes down, Le must go up.
I just browsed the 10-12" PA speakers on Monacor's website. Found this SPA-12PA. Although it's a 12" speaker, it's awfully close to those parametres you've mentioned, but costs almost twice as much as the HP-10W - unfortunately.

But let me understand this right, Saturnus. If we find a substitute speaker, are these parametres just so we don't need to change the enclosure you made? Or are these general outdoor boombox parametres?
Old 16th May 2011, 07:38 PM   #1504
diyAudio Member

It's most to be able to make the box as small as possible but it doesn't seem like the HP10W is going anywhere, and even though it costs a little more now, it's still fantastic value for money. You have to agree that those HP10W do sound really sweet
Old 16th May 2011, 08:12 PM   #1505
diyAudio Member

I absolutely agree. They are great value for the money. No doubt. But also out of stock
Old 16th May 2011, 08:48 PM   #1506
diyAudio Member

Well, I never got to build my boombox, and since my focus has shifted to another project on the horizon, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying 4 HP-10W's and 10 of the piezo tweeters from the 10-pack on ebay? I'm guessing yes, so if you're interested, shoot me a PM. If this is against forum rules, please have this post removed.
Old 17th May 2011, 06:43 AM   #1507
diyAudio Member

EDIT: Misunderstood your post, sorry.

Last edited by rubennn; 17th May 2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:31 AM   #1508
chief3 is offline chief3  Denmark
diyAudio Member

AbuRaz i have PM'ed you i am very interessted !
Old 17th May 2011, 09:34 AM   #1509
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuRaz View Post
Well, I never got to build my boombox, and since my focus has shifted to another project on the horizon, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying 4 HP-10W's and 10 of the piezo tweeters from the 10-pack on ebay? I'm guessing yes, so if you're interested, shoot me a PM. If this is against forum rules, please have this post removed.
Due to plenty of offers to buy my left over parts, consider them no longer available. Thank you ..
Old 17th May 2011, 12:40 PM   #1510
chief3 is offline chief3  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hey all
I now have the hp-10W and the piezo bubble tweeters from ebay. I have some questions and I need answers before i order the last parts and can assemble it.

1. If I dont do the magnet to magnet construction will it still be loud enough to throw a great party at Roskilde festival. Whats the minimum size of the box and should each speaker have its own room or can they share one big box ? We want the speakers at the same side

2. anyone know if the bubble tweeters (10pack) from ebay needs ohm resister ? or are they included ?

3. We want to play loud so do you guys think its a good idea to get the amp9 basic instead of amp6 ? we got plenty of batteries (some of them are 80 ah marine ones.) is there a significant increase in volume by choosing the amp9 prior to the amp6 ?
and is there enough juice in amp9 to with another 4 hp-10w and 4 piezos (bridging) later?

if we use amp9 we need 24v to get maximum volume, but is it possible to bridge two batteries with diffrent AH to get the desired voltage?

Hide this!Advertise here!