Zen V9 with Peter Daniel & Veteran boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Caps from Digikey are cheaper for us in Europe. Same Panasonic TSHA 10000 uF cost more than 8€ from RS or Farnell, while 6,7€ from Digikey. Farnell is cheaper than RS.

Hi Steen,

I got all materials. ZV9 boards and PS are ready, a big 500VA transformer 2x35VDC is here, and chassis, binding posts and I've printed already PassDIY and ZENv9 stickers.

Now I can't postpone anymore the first amps test for the fear to fry them (they are su cute :) )....

Have you any hint how to proceed? (Maybe a 12V supply to start?)

I know other PassDIY newbees have these doubts.

Then there is the POT: how to behave with this?

Ciao

Thomas

Have you any hint how to proceed?
If you want to be carefull, you can use the Lightbulb method to start the amp.
I dont remember where it is described, but I am sure it is here on DIYaudio somewhere. I just fired up 1 channel at the time, but I am pretty reckless:D
Then there is the POT: how to behave with this?
P1 is adjusted to get 1/2 the DC supply voltage at the output. (Before the outputcap:D Hopefully there isnt any DC at the speakerterminals) First measure your actual supply voltage, then adjust the trimpot till you get a reading of half of that.
Readjust after the amp has cooked for an hour or so.
Its always pretty exciting to fire up an amp the first time and a great thrill when it plays music too:) Good luck.

Steen:)

Hi All,

Looking at those Hifi2000 cases makes me drool.

Looking at the shipping cost makes me :mad: :bawling:

Somebody please point me to a cabinet I can buy here in the US.

I have the heatsinks, transformer, board and the FET, once i get the chasis, I can join the party :D

Thanks

LU1014D Id vs Vgs

As far as I know, no one has yet published the Id vs Vgs curves for the LU1014D at about 1A, other than the curves in the datasheet.

I did that today, and here is one typical result. A 1-ohm 10W metal foil resistor is connected to the source to measure current (see Nelson"s ZV9 article, Fig. 10). Voltage from Drain to 1R resistor free end is 3V. Gate is connected to 0V via 1 500R resistor, and driven by a unctions generator with a 100Hz triangular wave between -2V and +1V.

Merry Christmas,
Patrick

Attachments

• lu1014d #04.pdf
    31.4 KB · Views: 286
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: LU1014D Id vs Vgs

EUVL said:
As far as I know, no one has yet published the Id vs Vgs curves for the LU1014D at about 1A, other than the curves in the datasheet.

I did that today, and here is one typical result. A 1-ohm 10W metal foil resistor is connected to the source to measure current (see Nelson"s ZV9 article, Fig. 10). Voltage from Drain to 1R resistor free end is 3V. Gate is connected to 0V via 1 500R resistor, and driven by a unctions generator with a 100Hz triangular wave between -2V and +1V.

Merry Christmas,
Patrick

tnx for X-mass present ;)

Zen V9 Chassis

Xmas has gone, time to finish this project.

New chassis from HIFI2000 is here and mounted:

z1.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.