"Yuanjing" Gainclone 3886 - eBay amazing value ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I've been delaying this build too long. I've had everything soldered for almost a month....but I'm too lazy to actually put everything together.

Anyway,

For the headers where you can hook up potentiometers to, (the three little holes)....

If I'm going to bypass the pots, I just put a wire from the 1st hole to the 3rd hole, right?

Hi everyone;

I buy this amplifier and i tested today on a 28V+28V trafo. Everything works great, no "humm", no "hiss", no "bump", nothing, only clear audio. I have to admit it exceeded my expectations.
http://cgi.ebay.es/2-x-68W-Watt-LM3...ctronics_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item4cf64660b5

The only thing i noticed, is that the 12v regulatores heated too much, at least i think so. Can someone confirm this?
I did not made any change yet, like the one's on the linuxguru post, because i think its not needed, because i like i have said before i did not notice any problems on the audio.
Can also anyone tell me what is the meanning of the red e green led?
Also one more thing, if possible, what is the best pot for this amp, Log or linear, and the impedance? I have some 22K, 47K, 100K, both, log and linear?

Thank you!
Regards
gadelhas

I have just made the modifications of lifted ground from linuxguru on my jim's audio board, and WOW, this removed all the annoying hum that had before.

The output offset gone to 77mV on one side and 7mV on the other.

Now I gonna change the NE5532 to OP2134 and see what happens.

Thank you very much, linuxguru!

Anyone, please, show photo "Yuanjing" PCB with linuxguru mods on the reverse side.

I can't take photos right now, but this image shows what is done on the reverse side of the board.

Attachments

• 12345 (14).JPG
    12345 (14).JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 585
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.