• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin mc10L

Yes did have this guide, but didn't know Les had updated it, top man !

Triode mod: Ok got the lid off, but I am crap at reading schematics..

- So how can I know which pin is what ?

- Can I snip the wires with the board still in situ ? Looks like a right pain to remove :(

Attachments

• 20140729_194936.jpg
    20140729_194936.jpg
    455.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 20140729_195040.jpg
    20140729_195040.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 20140729_195003.jpg
    20140729_195003.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 187
I would tip the unit over, resting on the transformers and remove the base panel. Yep I know it is a chore with so many screws to remove but note which ones come from where.
When the base panel is removed, all the output tube holders are very accessible to do the required operations on the output transformers U/L screen grid taps etc.

I would tip the unit over, resting on the transformers and remove the base panel. Yep I know it is a chore with so many screws to remove but note which ones come from where.
When the base panel is removed, all the output tube holders are very accessible to do the required operations on the output transformers U/L screen grid taps etc.

Nice one Les, far less hassle that way !

Yes did crack it up on my second session last night, all was fine and requires turning the knob only a little more than before. Though wish I have let the preamp Takman's burn in for longer to evaluate them properly, think they are still easing in. Odd how never noticed this on the output valve mod