XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

thanks for the reply lucian. I don't have the experience to do my own pcb so i kind of look for a readymade solution. I guess i could try to build the circuit on a veroboard though. I don't have a lot of experience so I am wondering - will there a notable difference building the circuit on a veroboard and plugging it on the pins versus using something like this and putting it right next to the waveio with short interconnects.

pff... IMHO is way too overkill! What I really meant with "78xx replacement" PSU was that I would choose a product that can be soldered on a 78xx/79xx footprint! There are few products that I remember which are as described starting with this one then moving on to Belleson and others that sadly I cannot remember right now. Please note that I'm not affiliated with Tentlabs nor to Belleson. I gave above examples since it happens that Doede was using Tentlabs designs/products on his latest DAC board creations while Belleson was encounter few days ago when I was searching for something over internet. I'm sure there are way more options to choose from!
Above examples are provided only to make you an idea of what type of boards I'm talking about!
I hope it helps,
L

074607a39e0736168a21a4cb3c55b682.jpg

Here is my solution, using Jancanada regulators.

D

Lucian - I think we have a misunderstanding. I meant the 8vdc for powering the regulator. Tentlabs suggests 2-6V above Output voltage, so if I want to power the isolator with 5v this should be alright...

I was only wondering if i could avoid building a seperate power supply for the tentlabs regulator. My idea was to simply use the output of an already existing supply (basically a 7808 powering an arduino with 8vdc). This supply would then have 2 loads (arduino and tentlabs reg) in paralell. The question was, if this is a bad idea. My guess is, if the max. current demand isn't higher than the source is specced for it should be fine. I am not sure if my conclusion is right ;-)

I know is off topic while I don't want to pollute this forum with another boring thread, I'm thinking to ask here: is anyone from those interested in BluWave board to provide a link to a good SPDIF cable or even loan one of it for my experiments? I'm asking because it remains to tune the SPDIF output after the reclocking stage and I want to do it using a *dedicated* 75R SPDIF cable. Whatever it would be I'm sure is (way) better compared to what I'm using right now.
Kind regards,
L

Thank you very much for help! As far as I can see, 1694A meets the 'RG6' requirement and is far easier for me to buy here in EU so today I'll give it a go for a couple of meters!
One more question... which I know it does have a subjective answer but: would 3 meters be enough for a standard connection between BluWave interface and anything that follows after it? If not, is more or less?

Thanx,
L