X2_ugs3,4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
macka2 said:
I really don't see why there is so much curiosity in the UGS modules. They are current production (and protected IP) and as surface mount technology not particularly a diy frendly project.

There is, of course, no requirement for surface mounting and
the 2SK389's and 2SJ109's are not surface mount in any case.

:cool:

/pass/: doesn't like surface mount because he can no longer
see the parts.

Reactions: 1 user
True,

The first versions were'nt as I recall .........

With only a handful of parts it could be sans point to point but the dual Jfets should be coupled for temperature tracking.

I am thinking about another holiday in October!

There is excellent Cab Sav from Chateau Tabilk in northern Victoria I would like you to try.

Ian;)

Here from a german magazine, a nice photo of the actual X1 preamp

Attachments

• pass x1_small.jpg
    pass x1_small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,661
promitheus said:
2SK389BL are not available at schuro anymore with the previous prices.
:eek: So that's the reason they do not answer to my mail's.....

promitheus said:
Its very hard to find these parts at normal prices.
Are there substitutes?
No, I don't think so... :bawling:

promitheus said:
are they toshiba parts or copies?
I have never ordered from there and they couldn´t confirm on telephone what brand they have.
From what I know, they have been only produced by Toshiba, and I did not hear about fakes.
Each 2SK... or 2SJ... (and all other Japanese transistor designations) belongs only to one company. It's not the same as here in Europe, where you may find several producers of eg. BC550. 2SK389 = Toshiba.

UltimateX86 said:
Great link if they really can deliver, thanks!
Problem is, it's not stated which Idss classification they have....I would need same for the P- and N-JFET.

Tino

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.