• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Firstwatt Clone F2 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
samsagaz said:
Someone have the correct Mouser/Digikey BOM?

I think that will depend on the board layout Peter comes up with.
This amp puts out 2amps or 100W a channel, and the 1 ohm resistors also really belt out heat.

I think a thick film resistors attached to the heatsink replacing these would save space and keep from melting the boards.:D

C4 needs to be large enough to avoid turn on thud, bad for FR speakers... I use 33,000uf

We know what the power supply looks like, it uses 4 X 1 ohms vs 4 X .47 ohms like the F3-F5, and Peter already has those around to view.

Here is the board layout I used, stolen from other thread.

Attachments

• f2small.gif
    f2small.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,064

G

Joined 2002
I have a question for you Daniel. Are you going to increase the room for capacitor "C2" so that larger film caps can be used to bypass the 15KuF output capacitors? I have some 1uF 200v "Vitamin Q" capacitors that are just begging to be included in this amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.