• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Firstwatt Clone F2 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tea-Bag said:
Does C5 and C1 need to be Bipolar?

Tea-Bag - C1,C2 & C5 are shown as non-polar, I thought that for C5 on Peter's board a poly could be used - but it is a tight fit - rpafenberg put a BlackGate PK there (which is polar) - so my original choice would be OK.

Just getting a bit touchy about the BOM!

C1 - I have put down as a poly which does fit the board - although I may just try to fiddle in a Mundorf MKP in that position.

Alan

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea-Bag - C1,C2 & C5 are shown as non-polar, I thought that for C5 on Peter's board a poly could be used - but it is a tight fit - rpafenberg put a BlackGate PK there (which is polar) - so my original choice would be OK.

Just getting a bit touchy about the BOM!

C1 - I have put down as a poly which does fit the board - although I may just try to fiddle in a Mundorf MKP in that position.

Alan

I noticed that handmade electronics has Silmic Bipolars know.

http://www.hndme.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=198

I plan on using these critters in my build.

So, would we just jumper across the C1 position? And then any other precautions to take? Is DC offset rare these days for most audio sources? I guess I could measure my MP3 players and pre amps to check on the DC...

I think I have to take this back, as it looks like biasing the gate of input mosfet creates DC offset and the coupling cap protects the source, so after all it may be needed.

As I will receive the boards in couple days, I'm ready to start collecting payments.

The F2 amp board has a scoring line and is good for two channels.

Price for two channels pcb is USD$18, paypal payment to my e-mail address posted here: DIY Chip Amplifier Kits, PCB's, Components and Information.

The prices include shipping. All boards will be shipped by airmail, with no tracking and no insurance and I cannot assume responsibility for lost packages. If you need insurance, please add $7 to your order.

Please note that I will be away starting July 12 to Aug 4 and won't be able to process orders during that time.
Mr. Daniel, do you still have any F2 pcb (or any other F) available with ps pcb as well?

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.