• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Would anyone be interested in a group purchase of DCX or DEQs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the ep1500 and the 2500 should probbaly not be used for full range speakers since the sound quality is rather poor. they are great for subwoofer use however. I have not tried the a500 yet but would like to, since it is supposed to be more for "audiophile" quality, although im sure that it wil lnot compete with the super expensive amps out there, It has gotten a few reviews though that it does sound quite good.

justinc said:
the ep1500 and the 2500 should probbaly not be used for full range speakers since the sound quality is rather poor. they are great for subwoofer use however. I have not tried the a500 yet but would like to, since it is supposed to be more for "audiophile" quality, although im sure that it wil lnot compete with the super expensive amps out there, It has gotten a few reviews though that it does sound quite good.

I'm looking into the A500's but it sounds like the discount won't be as good on these.

FYI: I have 3 of the A500s running my active multi-amped system. The sound quality is much better than people give it credit for. The problem with the a500 is that its very linear and low distortion so if you have some "problems" with upstream equipment they are very clear. It also has a turn on "thump" unless the volume nobs are turned to full-mute.. For the price I can live with that ;)

--Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.