Why Would Anyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Epoisse is banned from public transport in France.

The nation creates a masterpiece and then bans it's citizens from consuming it in public.

Confusing.

Yes pretty silly. I have found that the combo of blue and washed rind takes it up a notch. I tried to buy some of the one from Spain but they told me I would have to pay for a full wheel. I did find an artisanal version in California that I could not but in my luggage, out Eppoiseing the Eppoise.

Now I just need to find some proper brotchen, or find a good recipe and make them myself.

Not a bad recipe, flavor very much like the 30 year old memory of semmeln I had in Austria. Semmeln - Rezept | GuteKueche.at
Most brotchen use some milk in place of water, but otherwise the recipe is similar.

In keeping with the thread, though. I once knew someone who would eat sausages with an almost equal volume of mayonnaise. Thankfully the guy took them in his office and didn't make us all watch....

Last edited:
It's been a long time.
But, I've definitely seen her before: Out in my secret mushroom patch.:lickface:

Attachments

• MLady.jpg
    MLady.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 93
an apocryphal story

Well over a decade ago, a passenger who was having an époisse baguette out in the open on the subway, was removed on grounds of violating a section of the transport rules. Paris Metro rules state that anyone who hinders other passengers may be removed from the train.

The story was all over the national and international newspapers back then, more useless data for my polluted melon.
Someone turned the egg into the chicken, and the myth lives, possibly another millennium.

For now, my stinker train still has some catching up to do.
(at my age, digital pics are good for reminding me I forgot to add the walnuts, cracked 'fresh' from the shell. Which I did after taking the piccy of today's lunch)

Attachments

• Carriage.JPG
    Carriage.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 103
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Well over a decade ago, a passenger who was having an époisse baguette out in the open on the subway, was removed on grounds of violating a section of the transport rules. Paris Metro rules state that anyone who hinders other passengers may be removed from the train.

The story was all over the national and international newspapers back then, more useless data for my polluted melon.
Someone turned the egg into the chicken, and the myth lives, possibly another millennium.

For now, my stinker train still has some catching up to do.
(at my age, digital pics are good for reminding me I forgot to add the walnuts, cracked 'fresh' from the shell. Which I did after taking the piccy of today's lunch)

Very nice - I had an omelet with some calorie bomb bread!

SY, yes, 'misuse' of durian carries a hefty price tag all over Asia. For example, in Ho Chi Min City, I was amused to note a sign on the wall 'guests who bring durian fruit into their rooms will be charged a $200 clean-up fee' or words to that affect. Same thing in Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia in many hotels.

It's ok to eat I am told, but the smell lingers for days. When you walk into the local supermarkets in Taiwan during summer, you can smell it.

Last edited:
Speaking of food/nutrition and fragrance/ignition, I've always wondered how one survives the British chain-gang of fried eggs and white beans in a puddle of undefined red.

I mean, even at bus stations the choice is limited to brekkie complêt, or one without a few slices of grilled tomato.
Breakfast shops in the larger cities may pass off as Unabomber Café.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes - I agree. Disgusting.

However, in the Netherlands, its milk , cheese and sliced ham morning, noon and night.

Heaven knows what the Scandinavians are having to endure, while the Scots put on a brave face and eat cold porridge and haggis while trying to convince the rest of us that it really is better than it looks or tastes. The Germans are also suffering with sauerkraut and sweet white wine. It must be hell.

I am afraid when it comes to north west Europe, all the food sucks. But I agree, the Brits have it the worst.

You need to head south for anything decent - France, Spain and Italy or right on over to Japan on the other side of the world.

:D

Last edited:
Smelliest thing I ever ate was bierkase - wisconsin's take on limburger.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weisslacker

It has an ammonia-enteric (like stinky feet in a filthy bathroom) smell, but the flavor is surprisingly mild.

It's related to handkaese or as it was introduced to me dead man's fingers,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkäse Virtually every country in Europe has a version of it, basically a fresh cheese but with the washed rind bacteria. The ammoniation is usually anaerobic and not considered proper by many in the cheese industry even though there are some Italian artisanal cheeses that are heavily ammoniated by design including the illegal to export Sardinian cheese ripened with maggots.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.