Why Would Anyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bockwurst with extra hot Löwensenf :lickface:

The senf is ok but it is the Bockwurst I object to.

I'm very picky when it comes to sausage-based snacks. I don't usually like any of the Viennese/Frankfurter/HotDog-style ones ie the ones which can be kept hot in water.
I do like a grilled Thüringer or Boerewors straight from a charcoal grill. Definitely my favourites! With whatever hot&spicy condiment is around.
Also partial to a Currywurst, grew up in Berlin after all. Although I usually ask for a curried Thüringer. ;-)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Try getting a decent Rostbratwurst here.

(next time I cross the German border, I'll bring a full box back home and stick 'm in the freezer)

My local butcher is making up 25 lbs of bratwurst for me; 40% deer and 60% pork. I am very much looking forward to that first taste. I also have him making 25 lbs of cured polish sausage. Same ratio. I have tried it made with wild bison and pork and it was incredible.

Now I just need to find some proper brotchen, or find a good recipe and make them myself.

My local butcher is making up 25 lbs of bratwurst for me; 40% deer and 60% pork. I am very much looking forward to that first taste. I also have him making 25 lbs of cured polish sausage. Same ratio. I have tried it made with wild bison and pork and it was incredible.

Now I just need to find some proper brotchen, or find a good recipe and make them myself.

Luckily we have this here, Karl's Sausage Kitchen and European Market | One Bourbon Street ? Peabody, MA 01960 ? 978-854-6650, my only source for emulsified feine bratwurst. They do the custom thing for hunters too.

I'm afraid one would have to hunt even in Milwaukee these days for a genuine traditional purveyor of sausage. What will they think of next gyro flavored brats!?

Gyro Bratwurst | Miesfeld's Meat Market

I could walk to this one from my mom's but...poutine on the menu?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-allis-cheese-and-sausage-shoppe-west-allis

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Luckily we have this here, Karl's Sausage Kitchen and European Market | One Bourbon Street ? Peabody, MA 01960 ? 978-854-6650, my only source for emulsified feine bratwurst. They do the custom thing for hunters too.

Looks like a great place. I bet it smells fantastic in there, as does my local shop "Gary's European Sausage & Deli". Jurgen is the main sausage guy there, and he does a fantastic job!

The bratwurst I had him make turned out to be exactly what you describe as "emulsified feine". The texture is ever-so-smooth and the flavour is excellent. My family spent 4 years in Baden-Baden when I was very young, and my parents grew to love German food when we were there (so did I, but my memory is spotty). Mom and Dad raved about this batch of bratwurst as being very much like what they remember eating in Germany.

I will definitely be making this Brotchen German Rolls) Recipe - Food.com (based on the description, I think I will love them - as I do recall loving the taste of genuine bratwurst mit brotchen und senf.

...and I will be on the lookout for some proper mustard. :)

Last edited:
Well Tom, no Target in Canada any longer (shuttered 133 stores earlier this year), and while I'm no pizza guru, and I guess the products of Pizza + Hut are technically food, I was attempting a prurient allusion to which many of your glamor photos might lead the hormonally overcharged teenager residing in all of us.

and the kids today think they're so clever with their blunt profanities - while there are times, such as working with tradesmen, when direct works best - I've always appreciated the more subtle approach

growing up I watched lots of the Stooges, Marx Bros and Fields - the first were almost painful to watch, but Groucho and clan were artistry in motion and word

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.